Somerset Bushcraft WKND Meet 26-28 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Slight issue i am afraid everyone....
I am at the Outdoors show with work tomorrow and i was going to leave at 1 so i can get back and up the woods fairly early.

Found out today I could be recieving an award at the show tomorrow, only problem is the awards ceremony is at 3pm!!! GRRR

So i probably wont be up the woods until 6:30 - 7! Which is not what i wanted at all.

Make yourselves at home if i am not there and i will see you all ASAP...

J x

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Im picking up some can tuna will make a batch of tuna salad for lunch Sat. I use onion, gerkin relish, mayonase and a little mustard. Also for Fri. to go with the pulled pork im making Boston baked beans.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
the percentage of confidence for me is rising :)

what time you guys eating saturday eve? hopefully i can get there before you do, if so, what shall i bring other than tequila? :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
the percentage of confidence for me is rising :)

what time you guys eating saturday eve? hopefully i can get there before you do, if so, what shall i bring other than tequila? :)

It gets dark bout 6:30 now doesn't it?
I'll try and dish up bout 5:30 - 6ish, which means i'll have to start cooking at midday lol

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Just to let you know I am unable to get the parachute, what I thought was a smaller whole chute turns out to be half a cargo chute (free to a good home). What can I bring? Bought some bread rolls to take, do we need a large oval billy? Would easily fit rice for everyone in it.

Ben

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Just to let you know I am unable to get the parachute, what I thought was a smaller whole chute turns out to be half a cargo chute (free to a good home). What can I bring? Bought some bread rolls to take, do we need a large oval billy? Would easily fit rice for everyone in it.

Ben

ill gladly take the half chute home with me :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Right.... After spending god knows how long in Tesco!
i have now bought the whole shop...

I've got Chilli and Jacket potatoes for Sat night... Should work out at about £3 each if that is ok with everyone!

I also have enough cider to supply the whole of somerset on a saturday night!!!

And the amount of food just for me... Well lets just say i wont be loosing any weight this weekend.

the woods are fairly free for everyone to camp where they want.
I do have my eye on one space.... I'm going to go up first thing in the moring and wrap Duck Tape round the two trees i want, apart from that it is all up for grabs.

I think we will probably fairly stretched out, so shouldn't have to hear each other snoring...

i'll let you guys decide where you want a communal fire, there are about three locations that are big enough for everyone to enjoy a fire and social... i'm sure you will be able to figure it out.

Bazz - Bring bread if you have it... there is never enough bread!! And it is good for mopping up Chilli.

if all goes to plan it should be good!

Unfortunately i have been through two phones since i saw you guys last at the pub, so i don't have anyones numbers..... :-(

For anyone who does not have my number it is: 07830 426654
(Someone may say i shouldn't put my number on the forum but if someone really wants to stalk me or prank me. i'll just add them to the list of weird girls that wont leave me alone...!)

Let the fun begin!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
well thanks guys, twas a great meet/moot/moat :)

big thanks jay for the excellent cheffing and to everyone else for the great company

if anyone does come across a uk supplier of that funky Re-Churond knife that discussed, i may be interested, what was the manufacturer again?

til the next one! :D

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
well thanks guys, twas a great meet/moot/moat :)

big thanks jay for the excellent cheffing and to everyone else for the great company

It was really good fun guys..... LMFAO loads, in-between blowing my nose. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

if anyone does come across a uk supplier of that funky Re-Churond knife that discussed, i may be interested, what was the manufacturer again?
I'm hoping to get the UK rights, but this sort of stuff can be a bit of a hand full. I update you when I get some thing solid for you. :)

Last edited:

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
just got the pics sorted, if anyone has any problems with me posting them let me know :)

DSC00406.jpg

trying different ways to set up the parachute led us to desparate measures.

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

tapping birch sap
DSC00398.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

my camp
DSC00396.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE