Somerset Bushcraft WKND Meet 26-28 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
As mentioned previously....

* Water - there is no fresh water on site so you will need to bring enough for the weekend.

* Wood - There are a few trees down but may also make sense to bring some.

I was hoping to have the day off to set up the woods and get a fire organised for Fri night, however i now need to go to the Outdoors Show with work. As i said i am hoping to be back and up the woods by 4-5... however if i am not there by 5 i will get there ASAP.

Anyone who is driving, you can park towards the end of the woods nearest the railway to offload gear but you will need to drive down to the local primary school to park you car for the weekend as there is not enough space for everyone to park.
All locations are flagged on the map... If you don't have a a copy of it PM me and i'll send it to you.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Yes Freddy i am rather excited too... i'm not used to having so many men in my woods! ;-p
Although am slightly concerned about having enough wood... making sureeryne has a good time etc etc

For anyone who has a copy of the map... the first point is pretty much exactly where the parking at the woods is.
There is enough room for 2 cars in the woods and about 3 - 4 cars on the side fo the road.

The 2nd pointer is where cars will need to be left - this depends on the number of cars that turn up though!

The 2nd woods - well thats just self explanatory lol

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Josh has a couple of my knifes for Ben to get to me
if any body wants a Looky Try etc feel free
ones is my little neck knife and the other is the Woody clone :rolleyes: coarse its not as usefull as a mora :eek::lmao:

ATB

Have fun

Duncan

I also have a couple of Duncan's excellent hook knives... If anyone wants a go!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
guys im really sorry but its not looking hopeful for my attendance :(

its my wifes 40th in a couple of weeks and im so behind on arrangements etc having ALL! her family over to ours for a garden party and the like and I've barely scratched the surface in getting sorted

if at all possible im still hoping to get over saturday pm for the night although offski sharpish on the sunday.

sadly all my weekends between now and sept are pretty booked up too which is nice to know in one way but a bugger in making plans to do other things :(

so, my apologies i wont be there for the whole shebang but fingers crossed i'll see you all saturday evening :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
guys im really sorry but its not looking hopeful for my attendance :(

its my wifes 40th in a couple of weeks and im so behind on arrangements etc having ALL! her family over to ours for a garden party and the like and I've barely scratched the surface in getting sorted

if at all possible im still hoping to get over saturday pm for the night although offski sharpish on the sunday.

sadly all my weekends between now and sept are pretty booked up too which is nice to know in one way but a bugger in making plans to do other things :(

so, my apologies i wont be there for the whole shebang but fingers crossed i'll see you all saturday evening :)

Who am i gonna be sarcastic with now?!?!?!?!?
No worries fella. Will be a shame without you but will be nice to have you for a night, if you can make it.

J

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well i am gonna go shoppin Thurs day/eve and i'm still planning on doing a big group meal Sat night...

Choices are:
- Chilli
- Roast Lamb
- Or any other requests???

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I think you'll need a tarp!
Temp was down to freezing last night... Tarp is a good way to keep a layer of warmth around you.

I'm just sharpening my sharp shiny things..... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE