Some help with hanging my tarp...please don't judge my stupidity :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
That is a good point - you need to find the knot you like and can do in the dark when its raining with cold hands :)

With that in mind I don't see any reason you can't just treat it the same way as you do your adjustable guy lines only reversed, so that the fixed knot is at the tree and the adjustable near the tarp.

Personally I run a reasonably taught line first, from which the tarp is hung, then use 2 miniclips and prussics at each end as this give the opportunity to reposition the tarp along the ridge with little fuss. It also make setup and packdown easy, as I keep the loops attached to the ridge, set up becomes little more than tying to 2 trees, sliding the prussics to roughly where they need to be, clip on to the tarp loops and then tension.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
With that in mind I don't see any reason you can't just treat it the same way as you do your adjustable guy lines only reversed, so that the fixed knot is at the tree and the adjustable near the tarp.

Personally I run a reasonably taught line first, from which the tarp is hung, then use 2 miniclips and prussics at each end as this give the opportunity to reposition the tarp along the ridge with little fuss. It also make setup and packdown easy, as I keep the loops attached to the ridge, set up becomes little more than tying to 2 trees, sliding the prussics to roughly where they need to be, clip on to the tarp loops and then tension.

Sounds like my set up. I have 5mm ridge line and like it nice and taught so i get minimal sag when hanging my boots of it :rolleyes: - But a prussic's at each end makes centering it a piece of cake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE