Solo camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Who do you spend time with when enjoying your outdoor activities?

• Alone, because theres no one else to join you.

Votes: 137 20.3%
  • Alone, because you enjoy the solitude and silence.

Votes: 284 42.0%
  • With a group of friends.

Votes: 151 22.3%
  • With girlfriend/wife.

Votes: 108 16.0%
  • With mans best friend

Votes: 93 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 83 12.3%

• Total voters

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Your never alone with schizophrenia. I'd love to go solo, but it's the voices they never stop.

It's nice to go solo occasionally, but it's better with a friend or two.

Andy

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
I have a few kindred spirits whose company I enjoy, and I like time with my family. But my favorite treks tend to be either solo or with my dog. There's a completely different feel to them.

IMG_1476.jpg

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
Wild camping as the title suggests without the luxuries of modern living that's how I see it. the less talk the better as far as im concerned just soak in the atmosphere and then move on it cant be beaten.....I love it. the only reason I take a companion is for H&S :buttkick: my missus insists I have wild camped most of the pentlands and lowlands

I love talk out in the wilds, sitting round the fire after a hard day. We talk about everything, last time, the few things I can remember include quantum physics, politics, philosophy, religion, sex, as well as the usual banter.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Anywhichway is good for me as each has its own blessings.
By 'man's best friend' I assume that to mean a fine 15 year old single malt, while 'other' really intrigues me.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Where is the box for "All of the above" on the poll?

It all depends on what mood I am in I suppose.

I am confident in my abilities and comfortable alone, so solo wild camping is always an option.

Equally, I often take my family (car) camping in summer. We have been known to spend 3 or 4 weeks camping whilst other families come and spend a few days with us, in rotation!

Both of my kids are now owners of DD hammocks - so I see more of my "solo" type trips having company in the future!

Simon

G

goshow

I mainly spend it with one of my mate and his two lads but also go out in a group or by myself.
Not really bothered if i'm on my own or with someone else, as long as i've got my shrafting juice and a fire i'll be in my elephant!!!

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
I love talk out in the wilds, sitting round the fire after a hard day. We talk about everything, last time, the few things I can remember include quantum physics, politics, philosophy, religion, sex, as well as the usual banter.

Im not sure thats normal behaviour if solo camping?

Bri30

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2007
Chester Le Street
Mostley just with 1 or 2 friends.
Im to unsocial to go with a group very often :)

Still building up to a solo bushcraft trip but have camped solo for years in all sorts of places.

Cheers
Brian

T

Trappertje

As the husband doesn't want to come along, I happily go when he's away for work.
I voted "with mans best friend", and these two best friends are the dogs :)

luddy

Oct 27, 2008
SW
Normally, I would go with hubby, but this year, on reaching his 60th, he's sworn he will never go camping again - says he's too old. To be fair, he has got arthritis and suffers occasionally from gout, so I can't say I blame him.

gilly0802

Tenderfoot
if i'm looking for some solitude/time on my own then i happily got out for a walk/hike, but after 1/2 a day i have had my fun and tend to head home...

if i am going to be camping then i like to be with a small group of friends sat around a small fire if possable.....

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
I usually go with 1 or 2 friends, i have been by myself once and was overly paranoid about noises etc but after a while got used to it and enjoyed it, read a book, cook up some grub, went away for a few days with my girlfriend recently, her sleeping bag zip broke the last night (it snowed) she wasnt amused!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE