Snugpak Bergen anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
I've been going through the boards and there's much love for the Berghaus Vulcan, Karrimor Sabre and a couple others, but wanted to know if anyone has used a Snugpak? What's your thoughts on it? I can't use my old issue one anymore and my Osprey backpack simply isn't big enough (sadly they don't do side pouches).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I have the Snugpak and wish I had put my money elsewhere.
The stitching on the shoulder straps began separating after first use, the mesh side pocket ripped on second use.
The frame is a little too big and the velcro doesn't hold it in place and the plastic end caps on the frame detached and jammed in the holding channels.

Try another product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had one and loved it - much lighter than the others and a nice length back for those like me of restricted hight (5'6")
It did eventually die but that was after some considerable wear on expedition.

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
Cheers guys for your comments. I guess it's going to be the vulcan on this occasion. Gonna look for a second hand one. IMO new kit in the field doesn't look right.

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
Have a look at the lowe alpine salient.

Thanks for this, but it's not as good as its rivals.

try these mate http://www.endicotts.co.uk/componen...ps-ii-vulcan-olive-green-1318-detail?Itemid=0 ask any one one here endys are a top notch site to deal with !

cheers andrew.

Outstanding offers for the vulcan, but only mentions size 2/3... would be needing a size 4. I guess this means I'm choosing the Berghaus then ha!

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
i was gonna get one myself but im just over 6 ft so i'll need a size 4 too,lol. im sure there was a thred on here earlier this week mentioning that there was a shop selling em brand new for £100 all sizes ?

cheers andrew

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Only problem I had with my Vulcan was the two compartment lining getting in the way of packing. Give it away it annoyed me so much.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Good work mate bet ur fingers a sore I find when I am doing cobra weave the skin on my fingers gets really sore para cords surprising abrasive. I am a construction steel fabricator and have far from soft hands.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE