Backpack Repair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fingertrouble

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2021
London, UK
I've been quiet because I did go on Jaunt #2 as promised but it was a bit of disaster as October camping = cold and the gear I took let me down...

I didn't pack enough layers (my fault when packing, panicked at the weight and left a few extra layers behind - was hot during the day but cold at night!) - the Thermarest mattress was a success but I think the sleeping bag by Karrimor which claims '3 seasons' is a bit of a joke...and I had issues with the woodstove, I just couldn't get it hot enough to boil water without using a LOT of fuel, even basically combing the site for twigs - btw pinecones do not burn seemingly, even dry ones? I think in future I'll use my little gas stove, even though I feel unsafe around those.

But the main reason the trip got abandoned after 6 days - my backpack broke rather dramatically - losing the nut on the bolt that attaches to the internal frame, and there were issues already with lopsided balance and then even after finding another nut at B&Q, it started making a rather worryingly cracking sound when I put it on my back, meaning I didn't trust it anymore not to break further.

So anyone do backpack servicing or repair? Or cheaper to get a new one?

It's a Berghaus AB and I'd rather get it fixed - there are already a few issues with it, like torn pockets where the frame should sit that need to be resewed. Otherwise it's a great pack.

My other pack is an old British Army large pack, stopped using that since the waterproof rubber lining eventually went, although I do have that rubber spray tent liner so maybe could fix that up instead - I can spray but I can't sew, so...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE