Snugpak Ionosphere

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Does anyone have any experience of the Snugpak Ionosphere. It looks like what I am after but I'm concerned that if the weather turns has there isn't enough room to sit and wait out the storm so to speak. I'm thinking maybe an ionosphere with a tarp erected over it to give admin/living/cooking space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeTetra

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I don't need to buy it to see that it will rain into the entrance.

I recommend to have a closer look here:

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Does anyone have any experience of the Snugpak Ionosphere. It looks like what I am after but I'm concerned that if the weather turns has there isn't enough room to sit and wait out the storm so to speak. I'm thinking maybe an ionosphere with a tarp erected over it to give admin/living/cooking space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one and have been quite happy with it. The thing that I kept in mind when I bought it though was that it's something of a hybrid between a tent and a bivvy bag. Think of it as a really posh hooped bivvy and you're onto a winner.

It's got plenty of space inside for you and your kit and as you'll see in the photo's below, I used it (last month) in conjunction with a small tarp so that I could create a covered admin space (a poncho would also work well).

It feels like it's well made, using good quality fabrics and DAC alloy poles. Some folk will criticise it for having so many pegging points (about 14), but on the other hand it is always well anchored and felt really solid when it's pitched. Add in the low profile and it'll take some serious weather to shift this thing!

Downsides - if you want a tent with admin space then this isn't for you, this is where I think it helps to consider it more of a bivvy bag (it even weighs less than my Dutch hooped bivvy!).

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
An excellent bit of kit for its purpose....and that is NOT sitting upright therein in storms. It is a "bivvy tent"......... compact, very waterproof, very wind resistant, well ventilated.
Very discrete when required. Good for tall people too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE