Snugpak 100L Bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Thinking of buying the Snugpak 100L Bergen, does anyone have any experience of this and is able to provide any feedback? I understand it's been through a few versions with quality control issues so I am looking for feedback from anyone who bought one from 2019 onwards. I am open to alternative suggestions but I would like around 100L capacity and for it to be relatively lightweight. The appeal of the Snugpak is the 2.2Kg weight when most others are closer to 3 to 3.5Kg which is too much for me.

Thanks

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Pulled the plug and bought it, hopefully I won't regret the lack of Molle on it. I figured at this size I can fit everything inside it anyway.

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
I have a berghaus crusader with molle/pals and I can't find any real need for smaler pockets*. Get or make some sidepockets with smaler pockets if you realy find a need. Extra sidepockets for a snuggpack is pretty cheap in UK.

*I have an admin pocket for pens and some garbage bags but the main use is velcro for patches. If I would use it for longer trips I would ditch the extra weigt in a heartbeat.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
So had my first outing with this pack and gotta say im very impressed, well thought out placement of extra pockets. Fit's loads and due to the metal frame it doesn't feel uncomfortable.

It's not canvas, it's not something your gonna be handing down to your kids and grand kids. It's been designed as a light weight pack and for me that's an acceptable compromise for a pack which weighs 2.2KG when other alternates are upwards of 3KG and in some cases closer to 4KG.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE