Small scissors/snips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Hi

I'm after a small pair of scissors - preferably part of a multi tool, but where they are the main act - like a Leatherman Micra or Gerber Eclipse. I don't want just folding scissors.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

Knock off versions of aforesaid tools considered.

Thanks

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I thought 22.99 was cheap !

Me too. Thought I'd nailed it in one. :rolleyes:

Gerber Splice? I think this replaces the Shortcut in their product range. The Shortcut is my go to for toenails, it's pretty tough.

http://www.gerber-store.co.uk/multi...3EDRrpc5hV_-SZ_YI08Sv5L4MMs8LQaLgQaAl9i8P8HAQ

SOG Crosscut has scissors that are extremely tough, more like snips. Both the Crosscut and the Gerber above are mini tools, key ring type things.

https://www.bushgear.co.uk/collections/clearance/products/sog-crosscut-multi-tool

How about err.... A pair of scissors?

Sorry to be so facetious, but the best (and cheapest) tool for the job sometimes doesn't have to be essentially "bushy" in nature.
If scissor function is especially important to you then maybe a small but good quality pair, with the ends stuck it to a short length of plastic tubing might be the best thing to have in the pack. Then you can accompany that with some other multi tool or single blade whatever suits you.
Different if it's for carrying everyday though of course. Just a thought.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I've used the Fiskars scissors brand in a professional capacity for years, and used all different models on papers, plastics, canvas, fabrics. I can highly recommend a pair of those. The ones which look like standard cheap orange kitchen scissors will be a best scissors you're ever likely to buy. I also have a tiny pair of scissors for trimming beard whiskers and cotton thread which I guess is what you're after. They have precision needle points.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
If talking normal(ish) scissors, Japanese Engineer PH55 Scissors.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Seen these?

Great package for the price - won't rival Leatherman or Victorinox as a multi-tool, but the scissors are amazing. Had one for a few years + really rate it.
https://www.heinnie.com/hanwei-paul-chen-multi-tasker

So I bought one of these.

I know you like yours, but, sorry, it is really horrible.

Really heavy for not many tools. The file blade just fell out when I opened it - I can't work out how it is actually supposed to stay in so I think a washer/clip is missing. The saw blade is marginally straighter than a corkscrew and the knife blade is pants.

The snips are very good though and I can see why you like them. Hopefully HH will give me my money back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE