Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
scottforsythe, I hope somebody coming from the west can help out, but if not, I could possibly give you a lift from Dunblane or Gleneagles station, if you can get that far. I live pretty close to Comriecroft.

Gary, I'm sure other folks will have ideas, but as for me, I will be picking your brains on photography, runes and general Viking lore.

For my part I'll probably just muck in. I could run the suturing tutorial. Or I could take the canoe and skill-share on Loch Earn (only 7 miles away). If anyone wants wild food, I'm sure I could shoot some rabbits for the meet.

I'll also bring my library. I've got a lot of books on bushcraft, wilderness philosophy, etc.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
transport for meet i am looking for a lift for the meet at comriecroft in march from greenock willing to pay for fuel if anyone can help please let me know thanks scott forsythe1:pokenest:

I think i'll be going.
If so I could pick you up at Glasgow Central say?

If you get another firm offer,take it Scott.
I can't confirm yet.

Tom.

scottforsythe1

Forager
Oct 5, 2009
greenock
can you ad my name and my dad wants to go if that is ok we will pay 5pounds each for the hire of the hall i have got a lift to the meet thanks scott forsythe

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent :D
We'll see you there :cool:

Wayland it would be really good to have you visit too :) It's a lovely bit of the world, the site staff are really helpful and they've got the best loo/showers/hot water for camping set up I've seen yet :approve:

If anyone is wanting to come but not sure if they or their kit is suitable for the weather, Comriecroft also has katas and bunkrooms for hire.
In Summer the campsite is busy, but at this time of year it's quiet enough to suit us down to the ground :cool:

cheers,
M

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Hi Mary,

Count me in please (including contribution for the hall) - definately be there for the sat and sun, hopefully the fri eve as well. Really appreciate you getting this organised!

Looking forward to it and catching up with you all again.

Cheers,

Craig.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Its our (Katy and I) favourite campsite.
Friendly people, wonderful surroundings.
Sadly, This weekend is a couple of weeks after I head back to Saudi.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I'm looking into this at the moment but as I'm working in Edinburgh the week following I should be able to make it.

Wayland, give me a shout if you need somewhere to stay for the week you are in Edinburgh. I'm about ten miles West of it and there's room at my home.

A lot easier than having to fork out for B&B or a hotel.

atb

Liam

Last edited:

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
i can comit now but unsure how to change my poll entry.....help!!

Anyway directions via public transport would b great as my other half needs the car that weekend also (know how ye feel native nathan). Who do i contact to book, ill b there friday afternoon till early sunday so let me no what i owe u for this toddy please, ta!!

Gaz!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sort it all out when you get there :D I think camping is £6 per person per night, but I'll check.

:) Loads of good space for tents, miles of trees for hammocks, lots of quiet out of the way places for bivvying. Katas with wood fired stoves and a bunk house if needed too.
It's worth every penny for those roasting hot showers, heated loo block, and decent wash up water and sinks........if you're going to a campsite might as well be a good one :approve: iimmc

Bound to be someone who'll give you a lift at least part of the way, but I can get you the public transport information from the site office.

cheers,
M

not been on for a while

this sounds good though, i reckon i'm up for it. where exactly is comriecroft? i'm in Gala, as you're no doubt aware. I'd like to bring a friend or two along as well, i reckon they'd be well into it. she loves her sewing craft and he's big into his manly-in-the-woods stuff.

what's the craic with dogs and that?

also, as you know i can offer Tablet Weaving and Knotted Pile weaving if i can get hold of the wool

what am i talking about? of course i can get hold of the wool, silly. well, i might have to buy some more pile wool, cos they don't have any of that up at college, but the rest of it's not a problem i reckon

it's not a definite like, but provisionally, yeah, maybe, we'll see kinda thing. it depends on dogs really. we come with a dog each, so i reckon it's an issue perhaps

-andrew

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Just seen this (not sure how missed it). My 12 yr old son and I would be very keen to come so please count us in for the weekend and share of fees etc.

14 yr old daughter as well may be as she would love to meet Toddy again.

Count me in for the archery as well.

Don't think I know enough about anything to be able to share any skills, but would be delighted to learn from others.

I will bring my parachute in case the usual parachute is not available.

NS

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
On second thoughts, I know a lot about camping stoves ! (not exactly bushcraft, but there is a time when the right stove is very important). I could bring a few along for people to look at if they like

NS

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Count me in as a definite too. More than happy to help out with the hall costs.

Gazmc2 if you'd like a lift up give me a shout, will be going Friday to Sunday too and taking my 4x4 so plenty of room.

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
cheers stuart69 very generous, i'll probly take you up on that offer tho i'm still haggling with the missus about getting the car, i'll let you know nearer the time if i have been successful or not & we can sort out time/place etc.

thanks again!!

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
No worries mate :) the seat's there if you need it.

That goes for anyone else around Glasgow that needs the transport. I'm in the East-end.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland, give me a shout if you need somewhere to stay for the week you are in Edinburgh. I'm about ten miles West of it and there's room at my home.

A lot easier than having to fork out for B&B or a hotel.

atb

Liam

Thanks for that kind offer but the School is putting me up in a hotel.

I'll probably do a small photo trip and sleep in the van or wild camp where possible in between.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Can't commit 100% either but can bring archery stuff too (got some debris netting which is good for a backstop) Not got much else, maybe my edgepro for some serious sharpening action :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE