Sixth Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Here's another (God I'm a pain!) question.... :togo:

Has anyone tried the standard Hoochie over this wonderful hammock (thanks again John!)? :bluThinki

I've got one and really didnt want to have to buy another, but appreciate (having checked out some of the related piccies and postings) that there are many who have gone for something larger....are you trying to tell me something?!? :eek:

Advice appreciated, as ever! :D

Phil

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Ray Mears uses a standard Hootchi with the eco-system and it is the same size as the group buy hammocks but I find it to be too short. I want something with a ridge length of 3m as a minimum and 3.5m is ideal. A Hex Fly has a ridge length of 3.5 m and a 3m square tarp set diagonally has a ridge length of about 4.5m.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
Ray Mears uses a standard Hootchi with the eco-system and it is the same size as the group buy hammocks but I find it to be too short. I want something with a ridge length of 3m as a minimum and 3.5m is ideal. A Hex Fly has a ridge length of 3.5 m and a 3m square tarp set diagonally has a ridge length of about 4.5m.

Thanks John. knew there'd be a reason! :eek: . Does that mean the hammock/netting get wet if using the standard Hoochie, or does your gear get wet?

Where would a thicky bushcrafter find one of the aforementioned tarps?!? :dunno:

Phil

M

magicaltrevor

Hi MagiKelly,

If/when you get another batch of hammocks then I'd be certainly interested in buying one. I'll try and keep an eye on the forum but if possible PM me.

Many thanks

Andrew

p.s. :You_Rock_

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi John, PP sent, i think you had better post it to me so as i can practice with it before the next meet, i don't want to look a total prat falling on my ar*e in front of everbody,i know that what the guys are like they just would'nt let me forget it either,i mean look at the Tommy and Graham incidents,them incidents will haunt those guys forever more. :D

Again many thanks for all the hard work.

By the way whats your favourite tipple. ;)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
stuart f said:
i know that what the guys are like they just would'nt let me forget it either,i mean look at the Tommy and Graham incidents,them incidents will haunt those guys forever more. :D

Don't forget JFW at Lanark when his hammock knots untied three times during the night :D That'll take some living down.

stuart f said:
By the way whats your favourite tipple. ;)

I am going through a heather cream phase but I have been getting a slagging for that on SotP but don't worry about that just bring yourself to Loch Achray and not too many potatoes :rolleyes:

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
I would say no. For the Hennessy hammocks they are excellent and I would not be without them but the way you hang the group buy hammock and tarp is sufficiently different to make it not really worth while.

Thanks John,

Would a stuff sack (as in eco system set up) work better? :rolleyes:

Phil

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
My hammock arrived this morning John, thank you. :)
It's huge compared to my Moskito Traveller and I'm lookin forward to testing it out this weekend.
Thanks for the smooth Groupbuy mate.

Have some Rep. :D

Cheers

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Can't send money on paypal at the mo - school security - I'll do it as soon as I get home this eve - assuming the internet fixed at home....

I'll get you the money ASAP, I haven't forgotten.

And MANY MANY thanks.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
I use a small dry bag. someone ran a group buy on them recently :)

I think I've got a spare one that'll do just the trick!

:35: :35: :35: You, Sir, are a gentleman!! :35: :35: :35:

EDIT: 08/06/05 08.35 hours - just got into the office to find a little package awaiting me! Cool bag! Can't wait to try it.

Sincere thanks John. :notworthy

Phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE