Single Skin / Double Skin tents/bivys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
Im after a tent for use in fishing (bivy) but as its winter and im clueless when it comes to tents has anyone got suggestions ie brands.
Size im after is 2man, also is a 2 skin actualy 2 layers as im asumeing it is?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Two skin = tent and flysheet.

The fishing lads use some fantastic tents and kit in general. Search carp tents and you will see some great tents on the web.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
If u are wanting something to go fishing with, you will want a purpose made bivvy!! Preferably one with a second skin. The overwrap gives you two things, more room and cuts down condensation. Also they are designed to fit one or two bedchairs. As usual it all depends on what u want to spend and again, as usual you get what you pay for!!!! A lot of big commercial don't allow "tents" only bivvies! There are lots of makes Trakker, Nash, Diawa etc. I personally use the Trakker Armo MkII two man bivvy, rock solid, easy to put up and loadsa room - but there is a big choice out there

:D

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If I were going to buy a tent for fishing I think I'd go for something like a single skin, two crossover pole style. I have three or four that meet that description and I'd happily use any of them in almost any weather. You can set them up in minutes using no guy lines in moderately settled weather. Some 'festival' tents are like that. You can get them for a fiver if you look in the right places at the right times. One of mine was a fiver.

Condensation is usually much more of an issue in a single skin tent. I take a couple of face flannels and wipe it off. I'd take a sleeping bag as well as a bivi bag.

There's a fantastic thing like a bivi/sleeping bag posted somewhere on here, I think MartinK9 first mentioned it as one of his wants; Maybe he'll chime in before I find it, turning in now...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE