Single campfire cooking pan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Uncle Alvah

Sep 27, 2008
Duncan NC
If you had to use one piece of cooking gear for preparing meals, of whatever kind, for just yourself, over a campfire, what sort of pot/pan/groddle or whatever would you choose?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If I didn't have to carry it - my large cast iron dutch oven. Bake, fry, boil, simmer, roast...it does it all

Red

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
So who would carry it? I agree with the idea of a single big, lidded, pot. Probably with a nice strong bail handle.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
"small" Aussie camp oven as its truely bomb proof and about as versatile as you can get if I wasn't constantly on the move otherwise something small and lightweight like a crusader mess tin with hanging chain as I'm just plain lazy/ like travelling light.

Tom

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My 1.3L pot with fying pan lid does me grand for what I cook. Sadly retired my nesting Bulldogs a few weeks ago which would always travel with me.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I gave this a bit of thought and although its not what i always carry I have a very old Bulldog frying pan which has no handle it is quite deep so does for most things I cook anyway
If out for a while I take it and either Crusader mug or SA Trangia small pot
That Combo does cover everything and allows me to get a brew on while eating my meal

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I would use the one on the photo below.

kjokkensaker.jpg

It is a 3,2 litre stainless steel pot from Eagle sharp. And it is the pot I usually carry.

Tor

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
I would use the one on the photo below.

kjokkensaker.jpg

It is a 3,2 litre stainless steel pot from Eagle sharp. And it is the pot I usually carry.

Tor

Love your Eagle sharp pot, Tor.
Do you know where I could get one?
I've been looking on the net, but can't seem to find it.

/ Karl

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What if you did have to carry it, say for a three day hike ?

On my own? Tatonka Billy Can - Useful lid for frying (unlike the Zebra), wider flatter shape makes it more stable. Lid can be inverted to use as an oven with coals in.

Red

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
swedish army trangia billy! the lid/small pan makes a great mug too
imo its well designed, very strong and perfect for use over fires:)

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE