Signs of Spring are here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Out with the dog on Sunday and saw plenty of hazel catkins in our ancient local wood.
Made me smile and think of the coming season :D

4f5e1f2b.jpg

Anyone else seeing them yet?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice photo :)

I need to start weeding, already :sigh: I've got a dandelion in full bloom :rolleyes:

Blackcurrants are fattening up their buds too.........if we get a hard frost there's going to be a lot of fruit not set this year.
The longer, lighter days are a pleasure though :D

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Signs of spring have been here for quite sometime ............................everything's in for a shock though as it's snowing now (a few inches on the ground already) & temperatures are forecast for below zero for at least the next 10 days. :)

Stunning photo.......( purple & yellow are complementary colours )

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
So many things happening. A chap I know heard the cuckoo at the weekend! Ramsons are coming on well. The woodpeckers were going at it hammer and tongs this morning when I went down to the woods to pick up my camera. Got blue tits nesting in my roof. Charlies are busy making dens. I'm getting that vibe again.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
No catkins yet, however the cornel blossom has started to peek out at the world, always one of the first signs of spring here.

2Y9l0.jpg

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE