Show your nessmuk!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
michiel said:
It used to have a flat grind with a secondary bevel. I recently convexed it and now it cuts like a laser. I never had any problems making fuzz sticks with this knife. It works as wel as my other scandi grind knives.

Michiel

MMMmmmm thanks for the info!

do you know of a supplier (Blade only would be good)

Thanks again for the info and sorry to hijack the thread!

Lets see some more pictures people!

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I won mine over at kniforums. It's made by Carl W. Price. I don't know if he's making any at the moment, but I can ask. I'll PM you when I get some more info.
As for other makers, Dale Chudzinski makes awesome nessmuks.

Michiel

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hoodoo said:
nessmuk6b.jpg

PM me if you prefer but what’s the deal with the axe, as in is the head a customised/re-worked Marples Hunter? Clearly the shaft is not factory-made.

In short I like it!

Cheers

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Klenchblaize said:
Hoodoo said:
PM me if you prefer but what’s the deal with the axe, as in is the head a customised/re-worked Marples Hunter? Clearly the shaft is not factory-made.

In short I like it!

Cheers

Yup, the axe was made by Lee Reeves. It's actually a bargain. Check out ebay for old Norlund double bit hatchets and you'll see what I mean.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Chopper said:
Very nice knife, but where did you get the sheath from? I want one. :)

The sheath was made by dannyboy. He makes some pretty incredible sheaths. I don't have his email handy at the moment but I'll look for it if you are interested. Just pm me.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hoodoo said:
Klenchblaize said:
Yup, the axe was made by Lee Reeves. It's actually a bargain. Check out ebay for old Norlund double bit hatchets and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks. Will do that.

Are the profiles of each edge, on your example, that which he offers under the description of a “Nessmuk” grind? Certainly one of the edges on your example looks almost hollow ground?

Just want to ensure I communicate with him in terms that mean something. What I really want is one edge for campfire chores and the other for hide fleshing that can be given a razor like finish and is real thin/flat for at least 1.5 – 2 inches.

Sorry for all these questions and if my non-technical descriptions mean little.

Cheers
Ps: Does he work with Damascus??

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Klenchblaize said:
Hoodoo said:
Thanks. Will do that.

Are the profiles of each edge, on your example, that which he offers under the description of a “Nessmuk” grind? Certainly one of the edges on your example looks almost hollow ground?

Just want to ensure I communicate with him in terms that mean something. What I really want is one edge for campfire chores and the other for hide fleshing that can be given a razor like finish and is real thin/flat for at least 1.5 – 2 inches.

Sorry for all these questions and if my non-technical descriptions mean little.

Cheers
Ps: Does he work with Damascus??

There is no hollow grind. Must be an illusion. One is ground for fine work, one more for splitting. I think Schwert has an article on this hatchet over at the outdoor magazine forum.

hollowdweller

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
appalachia
This one isn't mine it's a Reeves with Ash handle that is a contest prize on another forum I'm on and the knife is a Razorback that is a passaround raffle on another forum also but thought I'd share it

razor1.jpg

Here's 2 customs I own by Ariel Salaverra
crbstnsm2.jpg

hollowdweller_ness3.jpg

The hatchet in this one is one from Ragweed Forge

Here's my personal set that I use backpacking a lot
stripey.jpg

Here's a handful of Nessmuks
handful.jpg

A few more some repeats

nessies.jpg

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Looks great. I saw the first pic on the other forum too. Didn't know you were such a nessmuk fan. But I knew you liked Barkies. Great knives indeed.

Keep the sharpies coming!

Michiel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE