Show us your ink

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheBigJ

Sep 1, 2010
Norfolk
I've got too many tattoos to count....but have an ongoing right and left arm sleeve...and an ongoing left and right leg sleeve!!! lol

Ive been getting tattooed since 5 days after my 18 birthday lol and at the age of 22 I got into the tattooing business myself...and now at almost 29 run a tattoo studio locally with a friend.

Shame though...I have so much work I need finishing on myself....but never get chance to get anything done as we're always busy tattooing other people!!! :)

Loving some of the work I'v seen here :)

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I don't have any but I have a few designs, one in particular I've been set on getting for years - only reason I'm reluctant is I don't know any tattoo artists and I'm shy about going into one of the shops in Glasgow because I know how cautious I'll be until I've gotten to know em/

TheBigJ

Sep 1, 2010
Norfolk
I don't have any but I have a few designs, one in particular I've been set on getting for years - only reason I'm reluctant is I don't know any tattoo artists and I'm shy about going into one of the shops in Glasgow because I know how cautious I'll be until I've gotten to know em/

I find this alot with some of our customers. Some people have been intent on getting a certain design done for years...some still find a tattoo studio intimidating, some want to find a tattooist they get on with etc etc

I recently had a guy who had been wanting a particular design drawn up and done in rememberance for his grandfather....but in 30 years he never found a tattooist he felt comfortable with and out it off and off and off. He came in a few times as his Bro-in-law had been tattooed at our place. We drew up and number of different designs....we got what he wanted....and had it done ;)

My advice would be to pop into a few studios...and chat about your design to the tattooist. Some tattooists you just may not gel with....but you should find one that you feel comfortable with, and they will take the time to discuss your tattoo, make you feel comfortable...and you'll end up getting it done :)

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I find this alot with some of our customers. Some people have been intent on getting a certain design done for years...some still find a tattoo studio intimidating, some want to find a tattooist they get on with etc etc

I recently had a guy who had been wanting a particular design drawn up and done in rememberance for his grandfather....but in 30 years he never found a tattooist he felt comfortable with and out it off and off and off. He came in a few times as his Bro-in-law had been tattooed at our place. We drew up and number of different designs....we got what he wanted....and had it done ;)

My advice would be to pop into a few studios...and chat about your design to the tattooist. Some tattooists you just may not gel with....but you should find one that you feel comfortable with, and they will take the time to discuss your tattoo, make you feel comfortable...and you'll end up getting it done :)

I really should, I know! I have the design on canvas but I guess I need to find someone who can interpret it onto paper and then onto skin. It's a pair of dotwork lotuses which I want in red ink on my shoulders (similar to the placement of the tattoos seen in Iban tribal tattoos)

Has anyone had any scarification work down? The endorphin rush from branding myself was unbelievable, and I have been seriously tempted to have some skin removal - been mulling over a simple circle around (the widest part of) my forearm.

nuphoria

Jul 11, 2009
Midlands
All mine are custom pieces, mostly designed by the artists who did them. I scribbled a few bits down along the way but unless you happen to be a great artist who understands the limitations of tattoo ink, it's best to let the expert do the work!

I have a few small bits, one and a half (eventually to be two) full sleeves and this little project which took 42.5 hours on my back, by Jo Harrison, Birmingham.

3206120378_af0af60e0c_z.jpg

TheBigJ

Sep 1, 2010
Norfolk
LOL I can remember seeing that pic 1st time round...I felt so sorry for the guy that had it!! It amazes me why someone would sit there...seeing the progress of the tattoo....and not say anything!!!!

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Some great tattoos so far, nice to see this thread pop back up again as I wasn't here before.

Three for me so far. First one is for my son as his name means "son of the wave" and I would rather not have his name on my arm!! This pic is from when it was just done so the shading is a bit fresh and red!! Settled down to grey over time.

IMG_20140429_145614_zpsm52ufn3n.jpg

Second one doesn't really have a story behind it, I had an idea and got it inked!!

IMG_1550835986995_zpsmxptd6kd.jpeg

Third one is sadly for my mum, she became ill and died very quickly completely unexpected. Had it done one year on from the day she died.

IMG_1281006542996_zpsevjkjoil.jpeg

Last two were done by the same artist, a very talented young lady who has an amazing tattoo covering the whole of her back!! But all were designed by her from my scribblings and ideas.

Already planning the next ones for when time and funds allow!!

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
This is my younger brothers new tattoo. He is a Forrester and loves his chainsaws.

vu6y7ena.jpg

The guy who did it went into so much detail, you can't see in this photo but we did point out to him he now has "made in Germany" tattooed on his body.

Last edited:

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Love threads like these! Some real nice work going on in this thread!

I've got a few tatts, my first one was this tribal tattoo around 5 years ago, I don't regret it, hoping to have it extended into a more arty sleeve though:

My second tattoo was this, it's Russian and stands for "let all the bad things I have lived be as if they were a dream" I really like this one.

Finally my most recent is this Japanese sleeve. Still got the inside of the bicep to do which will be started in July.

Thanks for looking :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE