Show us your ink

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Inspired by ManofTainth and LadyofTainth's new tattoo's,
I thought i'd start a gallery for the inked and the stories behind them.

no indecent pics guys, i read the forum while having tea.

Here's mine I got when I transfered to the Army Air Corps. it's the center of my cap badge and my only one.
DSCF3244.jpg

It was done at Bulldog Tattoo's just outside Tamworth on the road to Litchfield.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2010
bedfordshire
ha ha!!told u!!
ok ;
1- name in sancrit
2-chinese love symbol (although sam says it looks like a smiley man in a hat with dreads!)
3-date that id rather forget in roman numerals (this will eventually be covered with something else?)
4 & 5-as u may have guessed i have a thing for butterflys. one down spine was most painful yet!
6-was my first and so was small incase i couldnt cope with the pain!
7-is only one i regret as guy convinced me t have this instead of what i asked for then he messed it up by doing 2 stars
touching!
8 & 9-my daughters name in chinese and celtic symbol
10-yet another butterfly to add to collection!
11-latest butterfly!
Ive had them in what people say are all the painful places i.e.foot,both sides of wrist,neck,bottom of back and spine but as i say the one on spine was definately the most painful especially as im alittle bony!! It took over an hour but it was bearable!

and now for my measley four
1 done in bedford at artline tattoo's first one i had done smallish to see how painful it was i like celtic mythology and it seemed right so got it
tattoo014.jpg

2 again done in bedford at artline tattoo's was a member of a pagan group called fellowship of the dragon and i liked the design again it felt right
tattoo015.jpg
this one is also the one i show people as a warning of what happens if you dont look after the ink wg-hen it is first healing
3 done in biggleswade at black line fever i wanted a tomahawk and this one lept out of the book at me but i adapted it a little to make it my own
tattoo013.jpg

4 todays one done at black line fever in biggleswade
tattoo001.jpg

i have more in mind once finances allow
Sam

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
LadyoT your spine butterfly is great, and ManoT i really like that dragon, funny you both mention the pain worries of your first, i strode in to the guys studio, pronounced "I want this, here(pointing to my the right peck) bloke says "that'll hurt you had one before, your arm won't hurt as much". i sit down a say" yes my arm will be fine". still regret not getting it on my chest though, might have to go for that for my next.

Last edited:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Just about to book my 2 tattoo's on the inside of my right arm i'm getting the Levellers Rolling Anarchy, on my left inside arm i'm getting the words to go with it.
patch-1main.jpg

i have this patch too :D
"Whoever Puts their hand upon me to govern me is a usurper, a tyrant, and i declare them my enemy."

i've got one tat i got when i was about 19, i'll post a pic tonight its a weird shaded blue thing, no way to describe it tbh.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Does anybody else regret theirs? I was 22, just left Uni and was going into the RN. It's still as bloody bright as the day I had it. That was in 92. I was shot twice a couple of years after and the second bullet caused a big line just above my bicep as it grazed me... looks like the damned thing is underlined now.

DSC07573.jpg

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Mother Earth on my upper arm.

Chrisnewtattoo04.jpg

My wife has this image of two people growing together on one arm.

P8140001.jpg

She loves bats and has these bats spiralling up her other arm from inside her wrist to outside her upper arm morphing into rose leaves.

Battattoo0071.jpg

Dylan002.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE