sf sabre 35

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The Sabre 35 is a great bit of kit. You won't regret it, quality item, and the four side pockets can hold some large items with easy access. No need to constantly open the main body. I can put a bushcooker/billy/mug in the one outer, binos/58 bottle in the other,. Wildlife hatchet in the mid-outer pocket and maps in the otherside. First Aid kit/spare socks and other snacks and stuff in lid pocket. The inner main body usually takes a 2L water system, spare clothes, food and god knows whatever else you need, it would easily hold a sleeping bag, tarp and thermarest with room. It's one of those packs that copes well with minimal items and yet somehow fills up with loads of kit too.

I've tried loads of alternatives and always come back to the 35. And Mark at Lakeland will always get my money as you can't beat great customer service.

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
now questions

firstly i assume lurch is the cheaoest due to not being able to find cheaper

secondly are they as good quality as the 45's and 75's

also whats the most kit you have had in them

cheers drew

I've had a 30 and filled it up with a 3 season sleeping bag (Ajungilak Komfort), 3/4 TaR, bivy bag, 2 days of food, 2 liters water and some other odds and ends. I think the 35 is even better, as it has side pockets - which I think will take a pattern 95 bottle.

I'm drooling over the Lowe Alpine 35 (Sabre) though :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had a Low Alpine version. I was fiddling with it constantly to get it sitting comfortably. After half an hour or so, I'd be re adjusting again. Couldn't pin it down, but like you say, something just felt wrong. You forget the Karrimor is there.

david1317

Feb 2, 2007
glasgow
I bought one a few days a go from lakeland bushcraft its a grate bit of kit very well made the service from them is first class no connection just a very happy customer

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Hmm... I have to give it a slight thumbs down. Both side pocket zips on mine failed within a matter of days, I should have sent it back but didn't get round to it. It's too short for my back (I think I'm a little taller than you Drew) and that gets uncomfortable on the lumbar if there's any real load in it. The waist strap is for decorative purposes only unless you want to clamp the pack round your chest and stop breathing.

I tend to carry my Sabre 45 as a day pack now, I know it's bulky but at least it's comfortable.

Tobes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE