Selling my current knives...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I've still got mine lol. In the camo option too for extra coolness. Sadly the precision liquid compass has run out of precision liquid and most of the survival kit has been used up in youthful shenanigans. I still keep the sharpener in my fishing bag to repoint hooks though.

Maybe it'll get retro appeal and go up in value one day...

DS1150

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2010
London
I think that everyone that was around during the 80s, and of a certain age, had, or gazed admiringly at some point at their mate's Rambo knife. Jimmy Lile has a lot to answer for.

i have an admission to make
i bought one of these about four years ago.
now before everyone throws things at me or points and laughs at me let me explain
i really and i do mean really wanted one of these when i was younger and despite my best efforts i could neither convince my folks to buy me one nor get my grubby mitts on one through any other method. so when i saw it for sale i thought to hell with it and treated my inner 14yr old
i've never used it other than an example to scouts of what not to buy but damn my inner teenager is happy with me now

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I was sooooo close to investing my pocket money on one of these but in the end I had to go for the only knife in the place which was more flimsy and useless than that one.
I left the shop proudly sporting a shiny six inch "bowie" (named after David rather than Jim in this case I think) glued onto a deer's foot and carried in a very soft and very thin
leather sheath with the unfortunate creature's head embossed on it.I eventually chucked it after the handle snapped clean off and the blade buried itself in my foot (Don't ask!).
Having learned my lesson I saved up for a Puma folder which lasted for many years before I passed it on to my Dad who later admitted he'd been lusting after it since I bought it.
Good thread JD.
Simon.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The sad thing is - I still want one!
Just for a laugh you understand and to wave at knife bores to shut the beggars up :)

I was at a museum of childhood yesterday (wifes 64th Birthday - getting ready for 2nd childhood...) and had to buy one item in the gift shop - a plastic hand grenade. pull the pin and depress the handle and it goes "Tick - Tick - tick-tick-tickticktick - BOOM!"
So awful I had to have one!

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
I had one too - it was a plastic piece of rubbish but in my mind it would save me from the cold war.....
I went up in the world when I bougth a plastic handled Ka Bar lookalike. Blackened blade which came covered in oil inside a plastic cover inside a ....err......PVC sheath. Happy days. And they cost peanuts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE