Self Inflating Matress help required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Get a good inflatable. Your back will thank you ;). Inflatable, not self inflatable. The actual insulated ones (unless you only want to use it in summer). Weight and bulk of those will be a lot smaller/lighter than the self inflating ones, and while they are a bit more costly, they are definitely worth it.

I've used thin pads, and those windscreen shields. They'll keep you a bit warm, but unless you have a great even space to lie in, you'll feel every little bump or dip in the ground below you. Even worse if you're a side sleeper.

Edit: I use the Vaude Norrsken. Great mat, use it year round.

I've seen a few Self Inflating Mats in this ebay store in the past - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/NEARLY-NEW-TENTS however not really anything worth while at the moment unfortunately. I recently saw a Vango Allure 7.5cm for £40 on there which I almost bought but unfortunately someone else got the last one before I did. I don't know much about Self Inflating mats other than the one I've got isn't great and the Vango Allure certainly seemed like a very good price - Searching google, the average price seems to be about £80.

I don't know if this site is of any use to you.

From what I'm aware, Nearly New Tents is the outlet site of AMG Group that sells ex-demo, end of line and refurbished camping products hence why you'll only find Vango, Blacks of Greenock and Lichfield products as those companies are all subsidiaries of AMG.

GoingFeral

Mar 20, 2016
Sheffield
Thermostat neo air (venture wv) is good, comfy & packs real small & light, BUT...only 50cm wide - tend to put it and sleeping bag in a bivvy bag so I don't end up sleeping on ground next to it. Also unconvinced how strong the material is against the ground (in woods, should be ok on grass)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Thanks for theinput.

In the end I got the robens, 60 cm wide and 180 long which just suffices. The 9cm depth takes the bumps out of the ground which is good. The material is slick so sliding happens and it's not great to feel. The insulation is good the mat does not feel cold. The baffels are horizontal and round so are a little uneven feeling, but I'd rather have them horizontal though I think. Problem is that when you lie upon it the matress becomes rock hard, so no improvement there over a foam mat. What would be good is an airmat with about 3cm of foam that was not part of the air section, to make things nice and comfy, for the moment I make do with 9 togs of quilt! I do not know whether there are matresses like this at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE