Seax

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
Let's be honest though. It takes quite a lot of skill to make something out of metal be it fugly or functional!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

May 14, 2013
United Kingdom
I must say that for me, when I used it it was great for all the jobs it was meant to do. There is a companion knife that I am designing to go with it which will cope with all the small jobs around camp.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Why not set up a pass around and see how it performs? Might work.

Have to agree with Jacko1066's comment. There have been some pretty negative comments from such a normally supportive and open-minded forum.

I think the reason there has been so much negativity about this blade, is that it is a weapon rather than a tool, much like the big Rambo knives.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think the reason there has been so much negativity about this blade, is that it is a weapon rather than a tool, much like the big Rambo knives.

I concur, Mr Kelly.... Too much like a weapon for my liking.. Good for a show piece...

Yeah, OK, I see your points of view. The armoured piercing, crusher description does tilt it towards the weapons genre rather than serviceable camp site tool. I guess I just was a bit surprised at reading so many blunt remarks about someone's work.

Still better than I could do though. I would like to see what he'd create following the camp tool criteria.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I guess I just was a bit surprised at reading so many blunt remarks about someone's work.

Still better than I could do though. I would like to see what he'd create following the camp tool criteria.

I don't think anyone questions his knife making skills Aaron, it's just the design.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's certainly refreshingly novel in design and without the saw back, could be a useful tool, almost like a billhook. I'm sure if Alan Wood advertised his knives by stabbing them through car doors etc. they'd attract as much criticism

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Everyone's complaining about the weapon aspect, which although I like the knife sans sawback wasn't maybe the best way to put it forward. But have you seen the gushingly happy remarks about the Rambo knife elsewhere today?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Looks very nice. Although the rivets would be nicer sanded flat in my opinion.

May I suggest a horizontal concealed carry sheath. So you can wear it in front of you and draw:)
Also from a weapon point of view, a slightly bigger guard on both sides for parries could be useful. Not al to big as it'd get in the way of concealed carry.
And kukri like grooves for blood running off. Or a blood trench!

Maybe I'm being too tactical though:eek:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Everyone's complaining about the weapon aspect, which although I like the knife sans sawback wasn't maybe the best way to put it forward. But have you seen the gushingly happy remarks about the Rambo knife elsewhere today?

Just replied to it as well, and I feel the same....

I wounder if it the maker that people are gushing about, as you put it , rather then the knife..........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE