Seax

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
come on gents, give the guy a break, this is his twist on an old style of blade, yes maybe the saw back is wrong but hey, give it some respect, it looks very well done that saw blade. modern mixed with old....

spread the love...:bigok: :beerchug: goodjob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well as I said before I like it (just not the saw, but I've yet to see a saw on a knife I like). I wouldn't say no to it on my belt.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I like the overall form, however I too prefer without a sawback. That saw does look well cut and as if it would work well however. I'd have one without the saw.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Got to say its definately not for me looking at it. But id be interested to see some of your others.

Couple of questions though.....

Skull crusher? Is the essentially a pommel?

And armour piercing tip? Is there anything special about it other than it being a metal point?

May 14, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello Dunx,
It is essentially a pommel, but I have added the wings so that the crusher covers a lot more area which makes it a lot easier to use, The point is armour piercing becuase of the tempering and the angle of the broken back style, as well as the thickness.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
But illegal to advertise as such Frank... remember that bit. All it takes is someone to take a screen shot of the original post and you're stuffed. Armour piercing point is saying its a fighting knife/weapon. Could get you into a lot of trouble.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Hello Dunx,
It is essentially a pommel, but I have added the wings so that the crusher covers a lot more area which makes it a lot easier to use, The point is armour piercing becuase of the tempering and the angle of the broken back style, as well as the thickness.

Out of curiosity... Has the points piercing capabilities been tested?

And does the pommel flare in all directions or is it the same thickness as the spine?

May 14, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello HillBill,
I might have to make a new one as the one I originally put up has been deleted as I have changed computers.

I will put one up soon :) But this one will be a much better one than the last one.

Hello Dunx,
I have tested the points capabilities against many different items, But as I said before, I will try to post a video soon of the knives piercing capabilities.

It is the same thickness as the spine.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Cool and look forward to the video.

Would it be safer to have it as wide as the handle, not only to protect the handle from damage but to provide additional surface area to make it more user friendly and more versatile?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
My word!!!

This post has made up my mind never to publish anything on this forum I have made!!

That guy obviously likes his knife very much, and is also very proud of it, I wish I had the skill to make something like that!!!

Some of the criticism, fine, and very polite, but some of the others, come on gents have a word!!! This is mean too be a friendly forum!!

Jesus!!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have seen the knife and the video on another forum :)
It has had similar comments here as it did there - not much in the way of positive comment!
I personally do not like the look of the tool but would be interested to see how effective (despite the lack of need of skull crushing or armour piercing) the knife actually is :)
I am not sure how applicable it is to "Bushcraft" as opposed to other applications.... I think this is the reason behind the lack of positive comment on Bushcraft fora.... :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have to say I agree with some of the comments already made, for me, the looks are shall we say ugly, to me unusable in the Bushcraft field, that's if you don't get nicked first. I could go on but hey it already been covered.

as a show piece to show off skills maybe, but wrong place for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE