Scratched on RWL/34 blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove these?
They are not very deep and not on the bevel just where I have caught it using a waterstone

Hope someone can help,

Nicolas

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
Its just on the flat side of the knife where the makers name is etched so dont really want to use a stone on that bit
Maybe the slurry from the 6000 may work - more time needed i guess!

No problems with sharpening it tho - I use an ice bear 1000/6000 combo stone

Nicolas

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Won't wet and dry sand paper do it? That stuff will cut most steels if given enough time. Also, you can get fine grits. Just back it with something rigid and keep the scratches running all in the same direction.

However, if it is a working knife, maybe it isn't worth the effort to try to keep it all pristine and scratch free?

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'll just take a moment to laugh at those who like shiny shiny knives and worry about scratches:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

seriously now.

use wet and dry paper. that's how a knifemaker would get the finish on the blade in the first place ;) go back as coarse as the stone that caused it and then work up from there. But it won't be easy with going and watch out for that cutting edge! :eek: Personally I'd just leave it there, it won't be the last time it gets a scratch :rolleyes:

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
I was just thinking of getting rid of it as I've got a woodlore 25th anniversary on its way and wanted to polish it up for sale but it performed so well I have to keep it.

Then my partner then showed me how much the woodlore is going for on ebay............

So email her if interested :(

Thanks for all the help tho

Nicolas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE