Scotland....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hurricane

Dec 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
Hi folks, just thought I would pop in and share some good news.

I know I am a very infrequent poster on here but I read it almost every day and I just wanted to let you know that after months of looking I have finally been offered my dream job as an assistant manager of a massive estate in Scotland. Its in Aberdeenshire and within sight of the Cairngorms, and although I will be helping the main estate manager I will also act as underkeeper during the shooting season and accompanying people when they come to fish, shoot, stalk and hunt in general......

Its all come as a bit of a surprise as we applied as a back up for nothing happening with all the plans to move to Dartmoor and we haven't heard a single thing for nearly 3 weeks so we wrote it off, but they called us this evening and said we were shortlisted from nearly 200 couples (a sign of the times I suspect) and although they haven't met us yet (we had about 6 phone interviews and a skype one) they love us!

So............. despite us in the process of shutting everything down in Norfolk we are now having to change our plans to move to the west country and move, lock stock, to the coldest place in the UK at the moment!

I will probably start to bore you all with the endless pictures of the highlands from April onwards!

Like I said, just wanted to share my good news!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jammy git

Seriously though I hope it all works out for you.

Looking forward to hearing about life on the estate.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Great news Hurricane. Good luck with your new adventure. The locals are friendly and i suspect willing to share a local malt!
George:)
PS: Dont tell the rest of the English, they will all want to come.:D :D

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Cant wait to be honest, may go up on Thursday night now, so we have the whole of Friday to enjoy the place.......

Do it I dont know what time your meet is but if timed right you could stop in Aviemore and have a breakfast at Cairngorm Mountain Café :D (with a b'fast they used to do free coffee and toast top up)

Or theres the Coffee corner - Fantastic soup selection..

OR theres Fionna's in Grantown on spey :rolleyes:

Hurricane

Dec 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
Do it I dont know what time your meet is but if timed right you could stop in Aviemore and have a breakfast at Cairngorm Mountain Café :D (with a b'fast they used to do free coffee and toast top up)

Or theres the Coffee corner - Fantastic soup selection..

OR theres Fionna's in Grantown on spey :rolleyes:

Cheers for that, the breakfast sounds good!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE