Scotland....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
Congratulations, on the breakfasts, id go for the Mountain Cafe, there are beautiful views, and the food is brilliant. Still get the coffee/toast top ups, Fiona's of Grantown eh..quality at its best ;)

Hurricane

Dec 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
I am back, Scotland was stunning, the place was amazing, the cottage in the middle of a thousand acres of Caledonian Forest, they had a Grouse Moor that they want restored, in fact it was almost perfect...............

Except for the owners!

London types, a fleet of brand new Landcruisers as estate cars, half a million spent on the new farm shop, you name it, they had it................ but after a 12 hour non stop drive up there we were offered not so much as a cup of tea, and despite the fact it was lunch time when we got there, and one of them sat eating a nice beef sandwich in front of us, we were offered bugger all!

My OH had to go to the loo and have a drink of water out of the tap!

Now I was brought up in the Middle East and when someone comes in to your home you make them welcome, you offer them food, water, in fact when someone comes in to your home you make them feel like its their home. We felt like lepers!
We had an hours final interview, then were quite literally pushed out of the house!

They said they would call us last week, we didn't hear a thing, then tonight they phoned and offered us the job!

I am a little bit superstitious, and when someone treats me like they did, I get a little flighty, so, needless to say, we have told them we have ABSOLUTELY no interest in working for them! They didn't even bloody offer to pay our travel costs, despite saying during the phone interviews that they would be covered!

So..............................

We leave for Dartmoor in 9 days, have managed to get a lovely house down there and some promising offers from a couple of bodies, not to mention some voluntary work lined up with the BTCV.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
:eek: That sucks,

If they cant be civil when they (dont know you) how can you expect them to be when they do?

As we say every thing happens for a reason... ... with a level head and a good judge of character you have done the right thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE