Scandi packpal on the way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I spoke to Alan last night about mine and im looking forward to it.
I asked him to make mine like the original full tang version as i don't like the new one as much.
Might have to get a standard PP as well :wink:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Nightfall said:
I just got word that my scandi grind packpal is do and on the way.When I get it I'll let you all know what I think. :hyper:
Mine too. Although I am still undecided about which style I prefer. The new version is really a copy of his Bushcrafter with a shorter slimmer blade.

Now I have a bushcrafter and for lighter jobs and short trips I had though of asking Allan for a version with a shorter thinner blade so I was delighted when he came out with the modified Pack Pal. Just looking forward to getting it out for a test. I also currently have a Hennessy and a SFA coming so there is real pressure to get away for a weekend or two soon.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
rapidboy said:
I asked him to make mine like the original full tang version as i don't like the new one as much.

I thought the Scandi Packpal was full tang??? or so it says on the website??
Did I miss something?? has he changed the spec or is it just me thats missed something. :?:
still thinking of getting one though

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I hear the part of getting out for a weekend.I just recived my Hennessy expedition a-sym and now packpal on the way.I just dont know if the wife would be too happy with me for sneaking off for a weekend.I just got back from a 4 day deer hunt.There is next week though.I am going to go try out the hammock even if its just to take a nap.The new mortised tang looks good,but I think the original looks good too.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
just a quick one for Magikelly and Nightfall

how did you hear that your packpals are on the way?

did ya get an email?

i aint gonna nag the guy honest

Tant

leon-1

Tant, you are in the same boat as the rest of us, waiting till our number is up :shock:, probably not the best way of putting it, but at least Allan has been keeping people reasonably upto date with the recent changes and the like :eek:):.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I emailed after I didn't get the picture of the new design (hotmail had junked the message) and Allan came back to me straight away saying I was still on the list and he is working through that list. He's making progress if some are ready for dispatch.

Can't wait

Bill

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i already got pack-pal. Didn't expected to buy one but a mate of my had one for sale, so i took my change and bought the totally unused packpal. Already made a scratch on it... argh ! it has also tasted it first blood. Got to stop playing with these things....

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I was slightly more forward. The picture of the new model was to my spec. Hard Maple Handle and Mosaic pins so when I emailed saying I was happy with the new model I asked if the one in the picture was mine. Turns out it was as I was near if not top of the list. Of course Nightfall will probably recieve his first since it will be domestic postage to him where as mine has to cross an ocean.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
thanks for the answers

guess i just gotta sit back and relax and wait for the email

back in a sec after i check my email.........again :yikes:

Tant

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
Woo Hoo, my packpal arrived today.It is real nice, sweet blade.Very sharp took hair right off the arm and started to bite into the flesh. Im gonna go play around with it tommorow.More about it later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE