5 inch scandi grind knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
Been on the hunt for 5 inch bushcraft knife, in 1095 steel or better, non coated and scandi grind with the view of have a 1 tool that does everything that is required of a bushcraft knife preferably UK sold as import duties are crippling these days. Any know of such knife without going down the custom route?

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Keep an eye on this, when it comes back into stock, grab one, just what you're looking for. ( although stainless)

Last edited:
Reactions: R_Fonseca

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
I have a similar Nessmuk (not Brisa branded) also 80CRV and it is good for most camp tasks from fire wood processing (4 inch down), feather sticking, carving stakes to cook prep and carving steaks (the food kind).

I generally carry a folding saw\axe for large firewood processing and SAK\whittling knife for fine work but my Nessmuk does 90% of everything in between.

Reactions: John Elstob

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Casstrom Lars Falt? It's not quite 5 inches.

I have the Brisa Nessmuk. It's a good knife, especially after you sharpen it properly *looks at Brisa*

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
Basically you're describing a Mora, such as Mora Companion. BPS is disqualified because they only use 1060. Another Finnish company that is going the Brisa route of offering lots of different knife blanks, you can get "NKD" brand on eBay in similar styles and various steels. I've been tempted, they have cheap 14c28n.

Kato28

Jan 27, 2021
London
The Terava Jaakaripukko 140 might be something you would like, I got the small 85 version by having it delivered to a friend living in EU.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE