Sap tapping bits? - a kinda group buy...Take 4 ;-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
It's that tapping time of year again :D

A while ago I started a 'mini kinda group buy' - called a kinda group buy cuz I already have the 'stock' but i'm passing them on at cost

Well I have managed to get some more - they are only 5/16" (8mm) similar to those on the right in the original post and I have 5 available.

I grabbed all there was again - as I know how hard they are to get hold of

so if you want one please post a reply so I can keep track (first come, first served) and they will be in the post so with luck be with you before next weekend and as the sap is rising you will want them asap I guess ;)

price has gone up a tad though - they are now £2.20 inc P&P and PP

1. freddyfish - Sent - Received
2. scubapauly - Sent - Received
3. melonfish - Sent
4. jakata - Sent
5. chelks - Sent - Received
extras added
6. kai055 - Sent - Received
7. man_of_tanith - Sent - Received
8. coln18 - Sent
9. forest of dreams - Sent
10. (10mm) the cumbrian - Sent - Received

Last edited:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
no they have a tapered square bit Steve......

however I have found they work well knocked into a hole drilled into a 1" branch ;)

PLUS - thsey are small and easy to pack / transport. I use small lengths of tube to go in the hole and direct the flow to my bottle or billy.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
No probs mate - they are a nice cheap way to give it a go for the first time though aren't they ;)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Oh yes please! i need a bit for tapping this year, managed to pilfer some O2 lines from the hosi whilst my son was in there (well they were just going to throw them in the bin and they'd only had oxygen put through em) 8mm looks spot on!
pete

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thats it - all gone! ;)

I'll keep my eyes out in case i can get some more though

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I've managed to get some more..... slightly different style (like the ones on the left this time)

so there are another 4 8mm available now and one 10mm , I've added to the initial list;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
oops! - just found your package in the car Michael, sorry! - will DEFINITELY be in the post tomorrow!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE