NEW Group Buy: 25mm Tree Strap Webbing rated to 1200kg! Hammock suspensions etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I have sourced another batch of excellent and very strong Polyester webbing. This has been popular and well received from the first group buy. I needed some more so we all get the good stuff cheap.

25mm Tree Strap Webbing rated to 1200kg!!!

Now the Dyneema is in the pipeline what about the tree straps?

I have had two Polypropylene 25mm tree straps break because they were probably rated at only 120kg vertical!

I have sourced some 1200kg rated Polyester 25mm webbing in Navy Blue for making tree straps etc. This isn't going to break in a hurry and is far superior quality to your usual Polyprop. webbing.

It comes in 10m lengths and is blue.Tie or sew a loop at the end and then use the Marlin Spike Hitch or a Crab for the Whoopie suspension.

You could get a really long pair (how far apart?!) or two standard pairs of tree straps out of the 10m length.

It is only 60p/m and £7.50 posted. A great saving on some quality climbing grade webbing that won't let you down with a bump!! Get your name down quick. Payment by BACS or Paypal please. 10 lots at cost ready to post. FREE DELIVERY TO THE MOOT.

Some equivalent level stuff on the link below would cost £14 incl. P&P!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWO-Metres...item25628b00d7

Last edited:

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Just a bump as I have some if this and it's amazing . I'm 18 stone and holds up very well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
1. Baelstrom - 20m (Paid via BACS) - Payment received - 20m posted
2. sausage100uk - 10m - (Paid via BACS) - Payment received - 10m posted

Last edited:

Baelstrom

May 13, 2013
U.K.
1. Baelstrom - 20m (Paid via BACS) - Payment received - 20m posted - Arrived
2. sausage100uk - 10m - (Paid via BACS) - Payment received - 10m posted

Thanks mate, it came a few days ago, and it's been tested to hold my weight,

Ta

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
arrived a couple of days ago, just need to get the sewing machine out to loop the ends then into the kit it'll go.

Thanks for letting me know. I did some with really strong thread and three cross boxes. I make sure the end bit is pinched under the strap when put around the tree to relieve stress on the stitching as well.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I still have some of this very excellent and strong webbing left. Perfect for tree straps and for other uses. Loads of it has already gone in the first group buy.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
What you got left squire? i may need to eye up some longer straps :p

I have 10m lengths for £7.50 delivered. Are 5m straps long enough for you? :p I have 3m straps made out of this and it is great, a loop on one end and a carabiner to connect a whoopie sling on the other.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I have 10m lengths for £7.50 delivered. Are 5m straps long enough for you? :p I have 3m straps made out of this and it is great, a loop on one end and a carabiner to connect a whoopie sling on the other.

Well they are (along with the 6ft whoopies attached) but you know what they say about overkill being under-rated :p any chance of a GB on whoopie slings as i'm too lasy to make me own :p

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Needing to replace my straps, some oik took to a knife to them while i was out last weekend, got any left?

Yep, I've got left over some ready made huggers from the 1200kg Polyester stuff and some of the webbing just as is. I have not been to sleep yet so I'm off for kip, shall revisit with details when I can focus on the screen. :D Someone else has just grabbed 20m.

Update 10/03:

What idiot would cut your straps, that is appalling?

I have a set of ready done straps (in the same webbing) that are each 2.7m long. They have a large loop on one end with some very tough stitching, the other end has no loop. The free end (looped) can be looped through and over a carabiner and pulled tight. It is a system that works extremely well and I am surprised not to see it deployed more.

I also have 10m of the raw webbing that you can have. I haven't found the big roll yet nor the ready done straps with loops in both ends. I'm still looking.

update: I've had an unexpected dart to Dartmoor so I'll deal with posting this on Friday 20th

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE