Santa Claus is coming to town

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Excellent bit of carving! But I always imagined Santa to be a fat man. Still, I guess you were limited by the size of the piece of wood.

But some serious talent on display there.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Santa is fat at the start of his trek. One year of inactivity and the plentyful and good food Mrs Claus makes sure of that.
After stressing around and climbing chimneys for one whole day, without rest, he is both mentally and physically finished.
The complaining Rudolf and pack did not help his mood either!

Gary caught him the moment Santa has left the absolutely last package, thrown towards the front door DHL style.

Tired, disappointed, starving.

( :). My take on the scenario behind the excellently carved and coloured piece! )

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Thanks for the comments everyone they're very flattering

Muddy paws - Fat or thin I think it depends on your perspective and of course the timber you have !!!

Janne - I love the fact you very astutely picked up on the back story to this Santas journey this was exactly my mindset as I drew, planned and worked through the inner emotion of producing a carving OR it would have been if I had anywhere near that imagination in reality I just kept chiselling wood of until something like Santa emerged

However I do have a carving of him when not on Xmas Eve Santa duties hopefully he looks a bit happier and more rotund
Cheers All

IMG_1010.JPG Hi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE