sanity do people ever wonder about yours

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I hope you didnt damage your camper too much, Silverback.

<Tengu would love a camper but has never been able to afford one>

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
No two separate events the lay-by was a sort of pull in pull out style normally used by HGV drivers for kipping - i am guessing the family pulled in for a 'convenience' break. I wedged the camper in the entrance of a multi storey later on during the holiday (much to the enjoyment of the locals)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Ah cool. People in lay by's are even stranger than those in view point car parks, so top marks for the disection.
Tengu. I too would love a nice camper and like you doubt I will ever afford or get one. :rolleyes:

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i think insanity is something that depends from which side of the fence you view it. now i'm talking about other peoples view of what we do, not the sort that gets you committed.
now some people think you are weird for liking ray mears programs, and like wood fires, like camping etc, they like their 42" plasma tv, the football match on and thats just fine thank you very much, i do all my mates do it, the tv pundits and tv guide say i should watch it, so i do, and so should you, you nutter, why do you want to be outside??!

the question is
"whos more the fool? the fool or the fool who follows the fool?"
sc

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Silverback said:
No two separate events the lay-by was a sort of pull in pull out style normally used by HGV drivers for kipping - i am guessing the family pulled in for a 'convenience' break. I wedged the camper in the entrance of a multi storey later on during the holiday (much to the enjoyment of the locals)

Ah - I know how to get round this. Let the tyres out by about half, and you can usually get the car / van back :)

N

Not that Taz

LOL.. I have a mate with a Doctorate in Psychology and his favourite comment about me is that I am "the only person he knows who has a certificate to prove his sanity". I'm also famed in his Masters' and his Doctorate Thesis as an "anomolous result".

Makes me proud that :)

Glad to see it's not just me who suffers the "oi... you're a nutter mate.. completely mental, oh, can you fix this for me".

If you take "sanity" as defined by society, and look at the average member of society - tell me.. who wants to be sane???

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Long ago, I adopted the oppostie view. :)

I think Thoreau said it best:

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Wayland said:
One in four people will have psychiatric problems in their life time.

So if you can think of 3 normal friends, it's probably you! ;) :)

I must safe - all my friends are nutters. But in a good way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE