SAK seems decent price

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
170
42
North East
Hi , as I am also in the market for a Victorinox SAK , ( probably going to go for the Alox Farmer model ) as its quite a bit cheaper but just as useful as the Farmer X model apart from the scissors , I thought I would let members know that its going for £26.95 free P+P at a UK company called FFK .
 
Link


If want a cheap SAK, then the Walker still available, it was discontinued back in Jan. 3 left at time of posting for £15.05. 84mm

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: airborne09
I get lots of tools from ffx and they are great, if a little patchy with what is in stock (ie if you need part of an order the same week, then phone to check or they will wait a month until everything arrives with them!).

They are also the cheapest place i've found for certain SAKs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: airborne09
I have both the Farmer Alox and the Farmer X Alox - they're what I call 'my dress knives' (i.e. they are what I have with me 'in town'). I definitely think it's worth getting the X; I probably use the scissors more than any other tool :)

Edit: however, I do accept, that is a lot of money for a pair of scissors!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: airborne09
I usually have two, a Farmer and a Classic SD. I use the nail file & toothpick quite a lot.

Messer & Co are selling some special colour Farmer Xs, black, blue, green and red.
I have no idea if they deliver to UK though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: airborne09
I have both the Farmer Alox and the Farmer X Alox - they're what I call 'my dress knives' (i.e. they are what I have with me 'in town'). I definitely think it's worth getting the X; I probably use the scissors more than any other tool :)

Edit: however, I do accept, that is a lot of money for a pair of scissors!
Yeh Broch , £26.25 for the Farmer but an incredible double the amount for the scissors version , how do they justify that ?I admit it would be nice to have the scissor function but for what I need it for in the top pocket of my daysack the Farmer should suffice .
 
Got to say after looking at the Victorinox Ranger Wood model on youtube vids , if I still spent time in the woods and forests bush crafting , I would definitely buy one as a great back up knife
 
I carry a Hiker every day (we're good friends) and the only extra thing I wish for is scissors because cutting my nails with a blade isn't ideal. That caused me to look at the Farmer X Alox but the price has shot up in the last year so now I've got my eye on the Fieldmaster.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE