SAK seems decent price

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Hi , as I am also in the market for a Victorinox SAK , ( probably going to go for the Alox Farmer model ) as its quite a bit cheaper but just as useful as the Farmer X model apart from the scissors , I thought I would let members know that its going for £26.95 free P+P at a UK company called FFK .

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Last edited:
Reactions: airborne09

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I get lots of tools from ffx and they are great, if a little patchy with what is in stock (ie if you need part of an order the same week, then phone to check or they will wait a month until everything arrives with them!).

They are also the cheapest place i've found for certain SAKs.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I have both the Farmer Alox and the Farmer X Alox - they're what I call 'my dress knives' (i.e. they are what I have with me 'in town'). I definitely think it's worth getting the X; I probably use the scissors more than any other tool :)

Edit: however, I do accept, that is a lot of money for a pair of scissors!

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I usually have two, a Farmer and a Classic SD. I use the nail file & toothpick quite a lot.

Messer & Co are selling some special colour Farmer Xs, black, blue, green and red.
I have no idea if they deliver to UK though.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
I have both the Farmer Alox and the Farmer X Alox - they're what I call 'my dress knives' (i.e. they are what I have with me 'in town'). I definitely think it's worth getting the X; I probably use the scissors more than any other tool :)

Edit: however, I do accept, that is a lot of money for a pair of scissors!
Yeh Broch , £26.25 for the Farmer but an incredible double the amount for the scissors version , how do they justify that ?I admit it would be nice to have the scissor function but for what I need it for in the top pocket of my daysack the Farmer should suffice .

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Got to say after looking at the Victorinox Ranger Wood model on youtube vids , if I still spent time in the woods and forests bush crafting , I would definitely buy one as a great back up knife

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I carry a Hiker every day (we're good friends) and the only extra thing I wish for is scissors because cutting my nails with a blade isn't ideal. That caused me to look at the Farmer X Alox but the price has shot up in the last year so now I've got my eye on the Fieldmaster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE