Sad news from Texas...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
There's been a massive explosion in a fertiliser factory that's based in the small town of West, Texas.

Casualty numbers aren't looking good with reports of 20+ fatalities and over 200 injured :(

My thoughts are with all those affected.

Last edited:

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
just seen this on the news that was some explosion . poor people and the poor fireman who where close trying to extinguish the fire our thought are with them all

Sent from my GT-I9100

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
The next time firemen strike in the UK and people complain about how much they are paid; remember this incident and remember what risks they face when doing their job.

This is an awful tragedy. Allowing a factory with those chemicals to be so close to housing (and a school!) was criminally irresponsible.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Allowing a factory with those chemicals to be so close to housing (and a school!) was criminally irresponsible.

From what I can tell it's more like the housing and schools were built around the factory rather than the factory being built near to housing etc.

West Fertilizer Company has been there for over 50 years. When it was built there probably wasn't anything near it at all.

Bit like Buncefield really...

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
The next time firemen strike in the UK and people complain about how much they are paid; remember this incident and remember what risks they face when doing their job.

This is an awful tragedy. Allowing a factory with those chemicals to be so close to housing (and a school!) was criminally irresponsible.

It is indeed a terrible thing to happen.

It may also be the case that the factory was there first........we humans are good at encroaching.

Not a good couple of days for our friends across the pond; our thoughts go with you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE