Roycroft Pack Frame

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Been playing with this last week in the evenings
frame is hazel, lashed together with bankline. i added toggles having watched a couple of Youtube vids by Dave Canturbury and Jamie L Burleigh
the strap is an old lorry strap i happened to have lurking in the garage (i know that one of the sides needs jiggling over the V in first pic)

i roughly threw a bundle together to see how it felt for comfort the next day

i was surprised as to how comfy it is for such as basic idea

obviously the above was all well and good whilst messing around in my garden but it need a real test
so i took it camping Sunday night (write up of both the trip and the kit coming up)
everything i needed for the night fitted nicely into the bundle bar water and a haversack of smaller gubbins i may of wanted (and is in fact now my standardised bimble bag)
worked well comfy light (12.7kg not counting food or water but counting everything else including air rifle and outdoor axe)

i can see a few tweaks i want to do having used it but i am well impressed and will be using it again

Thanks for looking
Sam

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great stuff mate! I made my Roycroft up a while back but I'm definitely going to do the toggles idea, found mine very comfortable too :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice one Sam that looks really good. Nice lightweight kit too, my problem with traditional kit lists is I always end up with a ton of gear.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The simple ideas are so often the most efficient, eh? This has given me the appetite for to go and make another of these; did you stick with the lorry straps for the outing?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's cracking Sam, really nice work (and the pipe set's it off beautifully!) Looks a heck of a lot comfier than the 300 pounds on piano wire that my first homemade pack felt like. The tune to "The Littlest Hobbo" is running through my head as I look at the pictures:eek: What's the rifle by the way, looks a lovely light little thing for traveling with?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE