Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ July '11 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.
decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.
decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

On course just before so I will enjoy the down time afterwards hopefully.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Meet List:

decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.
PeterH (+1?)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Meet List:

decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.
PeterH (+1?)
Elines

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
As per my previous post above I am hoping to attend this meet at RC.

I always find it interesting to see other people’s kit and this time I will be particularly interested in ground dwelling stuff, something I haven’t paid much attention to before.

One aspect of Bushcrafty life I am trying to crack is to get a reasonably comfortable night’s sleep on the ground (instead of my preferred hammock). This is just so I have the option when I want it.

I think I am there as regards the mattress etc side of things but not yet there on what type of bivvy/sleeping bag combination.

As regards the sleeping bag I am thinking of getting (?second hand?) a snugpack softie chrysalis autumn - as it has an ‘expanda’ panel (giving space to move a bit and flexibility on temperature control – although I haven’t actually seen/tried one yet) and a zip down the side (so that I can more easily have a pee at night without having to get all the way out of the bag.)

I think my bivvy spec is:

• (probably) zip to at least half way down one side – same reasoning as sleeping bag zip.
• Some form of mosquito netting
• Space to move around a bit

All of this would be under a tarp.

So if anyone is bringing any kit that is similar to this then could I have a look at it please? If available second hand and it is what I am looking for then so much the better.

And even better if anyone has any particular advice before I commit to actually buying anything.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Neil - Nolightweight - has told me about, and provided lots of useful info on. the 'US Issue Modular Sleeping Bag System with Bivi Bag' which looks very promising. So thanks Neil

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
For some reason I thought this meet was the week before it actually is. I was about to add my name when I saw it was the last weekend of July. D'oh! Gotta check the calendar again to see if I can attend...

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Meet List:

decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.
PeterH (+1?)
Elines
Skaus84

Last edited:

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
decorum
karl82[tbc]
luckylee.
Cliv
Twodogs
Mesquite + 3 (tbc)
AndyBB (subect to work)
MartinK9(TBC)
Andy T + 1 (tbc)
Wayland and Debs.
PeterH (+1?)
Elines
Skaus84
Priam (TBC Due to work)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've made an important edit to post #01. Whilst I know that everyone keeps abreast of any changes, I thought it best to make a special note of the change.

EDIT:

Our pitch has now changed. Intead of the 'As per usual, we're on PC11', we will be trialling a pitch that we haven't previously used ~ The Leader Training Field (plus surrounding wooded bit). The virtual placement pin marks the approximate position of the fire site/communal area. The red line marks the approximate route of the main track which goes through the site.

5919898298_8df967e493_z.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those who can't open Flikr private accounts :rolleyes: :lmao: for an google map please click here :D

Cheers Steve ~ I've edited the privacy setting on the pic :eek: , so it should show now.

I always click 'Private' on pics ~ as no one had mentioned not being able to view them, I had thought that linked pics were vivible to all. It seems not:Thinkingo :bluThinki :dunno: :werd:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers Steve ~ I've edited the privacy setting on the pic :eek: , so it should show now.

I always click 'Private' on pics ~ as no one had mentioned not being able to view them, I had thought that linked pics were vivible to all. It seems not:Thinkingo :bluThinki :dunno: :werd:

No probs... :) all we could get was the thumbnail pic and when we clicked on it came up as private, if you were able to access flikr :lmao:

And your quote of my post has the old link on it. I must have updated it while you were typing :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
No probs... :) all we could get was the thumbnail pic and when we clicked on it came up as private, if you were able to access flikr :lmao:

I thought that the pics showed if linked to :lmao: ~ but, strangely, the pic shouldn't be clickable :dunno: .

And your quote of my post has the old link on it. I must have updated it while you were typing :rofl:

:lmao: All I get on your second link is a red squiggle on a pink back ground :lmao:

(plus the two symbols and added text)

I'll go and have a go at enlarging both the originall and quoted pics :eek: :lmao: .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've edited both posts with the pic ...

Bigger / better / visible ???

All that's showing is a big white box with This picture is currently unavailable and the flikr emblem in the bottom right corner :rolleyes:

As for my link it ought to take you to a dedicated Google Map of Rough Close with location pointers and access route same as yours

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
All that's showing is a big white box with This picture is currently unavailable and the flikr emblem in the bottom right corner :rolleyes:

Played with the image (again) ~ should be fixed now (he says with hope).

Hookay Doh-kay, stoopid kwest-shun ... can you usually view my pics?

As for my link it ought to take you to a dedicated Google Map of Rough Close with location pointers and access route same as yours

:lmao:Should show..

... but doesn't :lmao:

Sounds somewhat familiar tonight :eek:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Played with the image (again) ~ should be fixed now (he says with hope).

Fraid not, still showing a big white box :(

Hookay Doh-kay, stoopid kwest-shun ... can you usually view my pics?

Yup, normally with out any problems. The map one I wouldn't have known was clickable if I hadn't run my cursor over it in passing and noticed it changed from arrow to hand to denote it was a link

:lmao:Should show..

... but doesn't :lmao:

Sounds somewhat familiar tonight :eek:

It does indeed :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE