Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ July '11 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll have further plays and see if it helps :confused: .

I think I'll start with deleting that pic and starting afresh :eek: .

Right ... pic deleted and its replacement uploaded. I have neither fiddled nor diddled with the pics privacy settings. And I've wrapped the img tags roung the image manually instead of using the forum auto facility.

Now, are they visible?

'cause if they aren't we'll be reliant on a combo of blind mans trail, bread crumbs and asking for directions :lmao: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Yup, you done fixed it :lmao::lmao:

party0039.gif

party0049.gif

party0038.gif

party0028.gif

party0009.gif

party0003.gif

'sa good job I'm a persistent beggar, innit!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Well... I was going to suggest early on you delete and start again but you seemed to be having so much fun I didn't want to spoil it for you and let you get on with it instead :rolleyes::rofl:

I'd already deleted it once :eek: .

I think the snarl-up is due to having got my settings set up to show pics and smilies in the 'type your reply box' and the forum auto img facility doesn't show the extra 'Taken by ... & hosted by flickr' flickr promo stuff that I normally delete when I manually wrap the img tags.

When it comes down to it, the problem was there when I auto added the image ~ and disappeared when I switched to manual ~ not usually an issue, but there you go :dunno: :confused: .

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
At the 'old' site - PC11 - there was an option to drive down to the hut and take stuff in from there. Can we get reasonably close by car (just for unloadidng/loading purposes) at the new pitch too? Or do we have to park at the main car park and walk from there?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Can we get reasonably close by car (just for unloadidng/loading purposes) at the new pitch too? Or do we have to park at the main car park and walk from there?

Yup, we can drive to the pitch. After the campers car park the road forks, the right fork takes us to PC11 (and others) and the left fork goes through the center of the site. Follow the left fork up to the T-junction and turn right ~ the easy entrance to the pitch is a very short distance and is marked by a low metal gate (gate is on the right).

This load/unload point is about the same distance from communal fire site as Steve's pitch is from the drop off on 11 :cool:.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It'll be interesting to see just how people adapt to the different habitats that the new pitch will offer up ;) ~ especially as we have the usage of the field.

The only area that we can't pitch up in is the woodland around and between the two brick buildings.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Is this the coniferous bit? Nice and quiet when walking about and easy for starting fires if so. Hope I can make this one but I kinda doubt it will happen. Shame for me...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It'll be interesting to see just how people adapt to the different habitats that the new pitch will offer up ;) ~ especially as we have the usage of the field.

The only area that we can't pitch up in is the woodland around and between the two brick buildings.

I'm hoping there will be room for me to pitch a parachute canopy that I need to suss out before using it for a course in September.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE