Rough Close Meet November 06 - 09 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite, Friday evening to Sunday
3. Gary and Debs - Friday evening onwards.
4. Humpback
5.wandering1 Thursday to sunday communal kit available
6. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
9. udamiano -Friday to Sunday

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Glad I re-read the thread. Had got it into my head the the meet was in October there was me rushin around this timeI'm comin not bringin big tent bringin little one got my eye on two ( french army 2man ridge or dutch army 1 man ridge anyone got any exp with either

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
If folk want it the Sunday night will also be available ;)

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite, Friday to Sunday
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
9. udamiano - Friday to Sunday

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
10. Red Fox friday to sunday :) ...

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
This certainly looks like my next meeting as work is being a pain but I am looking forward to it. :)

Starting on the kit list and pack items now. Probably be a bit on the colder side so warm kit on the list :)

Had to do a swap out of my work bergen for the winter kit so now changes to my bushcraft bags :)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the idea of packing for a weekend away camping always makes me laugh these days. I chuck my tent in the car and everything else just lives there anyway. When it comes to thinking about the temperature or weather, I live on Dartmoor so I have the full spectrum packed as standard practice :D

Looking forward to a peaceful weekend away, well the evenings anyway. I suppose I should start thinking about restocking my stall for TORM sometime before then!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
The repacking bit is really swapping out my sleeping bag or just adding my Jervens bag. But I like to do a quick inventory of what I have and update stuff like my herbs and spices and things, and to top up the whisky and brandy flasks, for some reason I have to do that after every trip. Been able to get a few nights out on the Plain but not many and definately not as many as I would have liked.

We my kits I can now go traditional (old style), Modern (new synthetic kit and modern stuff), Mixed (anything goes or whats to hand) or heavy weight (lavvu and stove and camp cot (my new one Russian style Cliff's old one))

:)

But generally it comes down to what I want or have in the car at the time :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Couple of edits for post #01 ...

Although I'd mentioned it in the thread I'd forgotten to mention the extension :eek:

Now with the option to stay over until the Monday.

And, to highlight the part of the Helpful Info section which reads "It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.", I have added a further independent section which reads:

Moving around the site in the dark hours:

Due to the nature of the site it is quite dark at night ~ and as I'm yet to meet someone who can faultlessly move around PC11 without a torch/flashlight
having one on you BEFORE dusk begins to break could almost be considered essential! ;). To this end torches/flashlights will be in evidence by both those attending the Meet and also by other site users.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
After a natter on site, this past weekend, I might have a go at bashing the bramble on PC.11 over the TORM w/e ~ it should free up space at the top end of PC.11 and allow us to utilise more of the pitch more easily.

No need to join in but should you wish to you'll need to bring your own kit (gloves / secateurs / loppers) as there won't be space on my bike for spares.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
After a natter on site, this past weekend, I might have a go at bashing the bramble on PC.11 over the TORM w/e ~ it should free up space at the top end of PC.11 and allow us to utilise more of the pitch more easily.

No need to join in but should you wish to you'll need to bring your own kit (gloves / secateurs / loppers) as there won't be space on my bike for spares.

I can bring a couple pairs of each of the tools plus extra gloves if folk want to help out :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can bring a couple pairs of each of the tools plus extra gloves if folk want to help out :)

Cheers Steve, it'd be great if you could bring some along ~ bring anyway on the basis that folk might not see/read these posts???

I _might_ have a way of breaking the back of the donkey work; but cut / trim to size and carry to fire will still be required. I should know more after this weekend ;)

ToveRebecca

Jul 4, 2014
Aylesbury
toverebecca.com
Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
10. Red Fox friday to sunday :)
11. ToveRebecca - Friday to Sunday

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Only got minimal kit with me at uni so may be a chilly one, but seems a shame not to come when I'm just around the corner!

Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
12. georann- Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Don't know how to add to list but can do Fri - sat

Did it for you :)

Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
13. Crowman Fri-Sat

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
13. Crowman Fri-Sat
14. Midnitehound Th-Su
15. Neil and Clare Th-Su

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE