Rough Close Meet November 06 - 09 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
If anyone wants me to bring group buy stuff or have requests for surplus stuff that I may be able to get off my mate then PM me. :)

I'll bring a table, gas stove etc. Gas fridge?

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Been meaning to add our names to the list for weeks now!

1. decorum

2. Mesquite, Friday to Sunday
3. Gary and Debs - Friday evening onwards.
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
9. udamiano - Friday to Sunday
10. Red Fox friday to sunday :)
11. ToveRebecca - Friday to Sunday
12. georann- Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)
13. Crowman Fri-Sat
14. Midnitehound Th-Su

15. R.Lewis and Debbiesixplaits Friday eve till Sunday

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bit of a tidy up ... unless they speak up those who've missed the "By adding ... " are deemed to to have read and agreed ...

Meet List
:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum

2. Mesquite - Friday to Sunday
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. Treadlightly
10. Red Fox - friday to sunday :)
12. georann - Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)
13. Crowman - Fri-Sat
14. Midnitehound - Th-Su

15. Neil and Clare - Th-Su
16. R.Lewis and Debbiesixplaits - Friday eve till Sunday

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
wow. quite the gathering this time around! :grouphug:

I shall have to bring extra forge water! :D

Small compared to some we've had :yikes: .

As a coincidence the past three days marks the seventh anniversary of regular Meets at The Close (there were a couple prior to Heath's suggestion of getting the ball rolling again in 2007).

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Something in mind?

Oh I don't know, some tempura banana fritters, french toast, quesadillas, fresh maple popcorn maybe. Just a little Moot NC style nibbles if wanted, that is all. See how it goes. :) I may be tempted to do a raid of the local supermarket and see what the bargains are. Some late night fried chicken or belly pork always seems to go down well. I'm happy to pass supper nimbles around the fire or just chillax, I'm easy. I suspect there will be some tasty tipples available as well. ;)

I'm guessing someone will bring a tarp/chute that will do a good sized communal area?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Oh I don't know, some tempura banana fritters, french toast, quesadillas, fresh maple popcorn maybe. Just a little Moot NC style nibbles if wanted, that is all. See how it goes. :) I may be tempted to do a raid of the local supermarket and see what the bargains are. Some late night fried chicken or belly pork always seems to go down well. I'm happy to pass supper nimbles around the fire or just chillax, I'm easy. I suspect there will be some tasty tipples available as well. ;)

Ah right, nice thought :cool: . I'll have to pass; most of what you've listed tries to make my body digest itself :yikes: :yuck: :stretcher:

I'm guessing someone will bring a tarp/chute that will do a good sized communal area?

I'll be on my bike but I'll endeavour to stick my rather odd shaped (iirc) 5x5m tarp in the trailer.

If anyone else has a more suitable communal shelter please feel free to speak up or otherwise bring it along :umbrella:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Work is playing silly buggers with me at the minute so still not fully confirmed but if I do make it i will need to be away early Sun or Lat Sat due to remeberance things at home/work (but I am sure someone will be able to look after it for me if needed for the Sunday for me to pick up later). But if I do make it I have a chute you can use, trying to get thursday as a extra day off but work is not playing ball at the minute.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> but I am sure someone will be able to look after it for me if needed for the Sunday for me to pick up later

If you can bring it that would be great (I'll bring mine anyway ;) ) ~ unless you're likely to bump into one of the regulars before the next Meet I can find a storage solution :D .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... remeberance ....

Thinking on Rememberance ~ there is an open air non denominational chapel on site which anyone is welcome to use. It's a place for quiet contemplation for folk to go to whilst on site ~ as with the forum there is no preaching of any single faith; just quiet, internal, reflection and/or contemplation.

The position of the Chapel is marked by the taper of the white not quite a balloon-ish shape.
Easiest access is via the top right corner of the Main Field.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Ah right, nice thought :cool: . I'll have to pass; most of what you've listed tries to make my body digest itself :yikes: :yuck: :stretcher:

I'll be on my bike but I'll endeavour to stick my rather odd shaped (iirc) 5x5m tarp in the trailer.

If anyone else has a more suitable communal shelter please feel free to speak up or otherwise bring it along :umbrella:

OK shelter sounds good and I'm sure we can rustle up something you can eat safely. ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I'm sure we can rustle up something you can eat safely. ;)

Thanks but I can't risk it ~ getting it wrong isn't pleasant and the responsibility* has to lay with me ;) .

* If I choose the ingredients, cook the meal and eat the meal then, if I get it wrong, any 'blame' is wholly mine ;) . I've been caught out by things which past experience told me should have been okay; so there are no _safe_ options.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Thanks but I can't risk it ~ getting it wrong isn't pleasant and the responsibility* has to lay with me ;) .

* If I choose the ingredients, cook the meal and eat the meal then, if I get it wrong, any 'blame' is wholly mine ;) . I've been caught out by things which past experience told me should have been okay; so there are no _safe_ options.

Oh my goodness, you'll just have to drink the forge water then, cos we know that is safe! :rolleyes:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys

Meet List
:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum

4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
10. Red Fox - friday to sunday :)
12. georann - Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)
13. Crowman - Fri-Sat
14. Midnitehound - Th-Su

15. Neil and Clare - Th-Su
16. R.Lewis and Debbiesixplaits - Friday eve till Sunday

Sorry folks, I now find I can't make this, just too many other things happening at the moment...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sorry folks, I now find I can't make this, just too many other things happening at the moment...

Sorry to hear that :( . Real life takes precedence though ~ might catch you favourably in January and/or March :angel:

Meet List:

1. decorum

4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. udamiano - Friday to Sunday
9. Red Fox - friday to sunday :)
10. ToveRebecca - Friday to Sunday
11. georann - Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su

14. Neil and Clare - Th-Su
15. R.Lewis and Debbiesixplaits - Friday eve till Sunday

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
After a natter on site, this past weekend, I might have a go at bashing the bramble on PC.11 over the TORM w/e ~ it should free up space at the top end of PC.11 and allow us to utilise more of the pitch more easily.

I've got the full and proper go ahead to (sympathetically) bash the brambles*. And, if everything pans out, we'll have a bit of assistance to break the back of it :D .

* As stated before, there's no requirement to join in but should you wish to you'll need to bring your own kit ~ gloves / secateurs / loppers etc (there won't be space on my bike for spares).

Before anyone makes a generous offer ~ we can't bring in or use powered chainsaws.

A couple of pics from yesterday ...

There is a bit of deadwood laying around on site at the moment.

This Rowan/Mountain Ash should be dropped from its hang-up and left safe prior to our arrival.

Bashing the bramble will give us lots more space to pitch up in and allow us to spread out and use more of the pitch. But to avoid wide open vistas it's going to need to be done sympathetically ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE