Rough Close Meet November 06 - 09 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok... I'm assuming that the firewood situation at RC hasn't changed that much so I'm happy to go pick up 5 bags of firewood again for the communal fire.
campfire.gif

As per the September meet we can split the cost between everyone who's present on the Saturday night UNLESS you bring a large bag of logs as your contribution :)

A quick glance at the list and it's looking like 17 definites for the Saturday so the cost ought to be between £2 to £3 depending on exactly how many do turn up and if anyone brings their own logs :cool:

Oh, and please.... none of those bags of logs from the local garage, they're usually virtually unseasoned and the devils own job to burn :rolleyes:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
good caveat with the variety of things that I make! :rofl:

Indeed ~ but it was also posted with foreknowledge of some of the minds of the other prospective attendees :evilangel: :rofl:

Ok... I'm assuming that the firewood situation at RC hasn't changed that much so I'm happy to go pick up 5 bags of firewood again for the communal fire.

>>>big snip<<<

Oh, and please.... none of those bags of logs from the local garage, they're usually virtually unseasoned and the devils own job to burn :rolleyes:

Sounds good to me :) . If nothing else it frees up playing time :D .

There's a good chunk of dead/downed wood but it's whether it's dry which is the issue :D . The Rowan could well be dead and dry ~ but it's not a good wood for camp fires ...

And I can confirm that garage forecourt / supermarket stuff tends to be dire stuff :(

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
I'd like to pop along if you'll have me. Trying to get further afield!

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite - Friday to Sunday
3. Gary and Debs - Friday evening onwards.
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
8. udamiano - Friday to Sunday
9. Red Fox - friday to sunday
10. ToveRebecca - Friday to Sunday
11. georann - Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday (depending on work)
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su
14. Neil and Clare - Th-Su
15. R.Lewis and Debbiesixplaits - Friday eve till Sunday
16. Matt - Fri-Sun (Probably by train)

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Also, If anyone coming from Manchester way has a spare seat in their car, t'would be much appreciated. Train tickets are around 40 squids a pop! Doable, but not nice :p

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I'll be on my bike but I'll endeavour to stick my rather odd shaped (iirc) 5x5m tarp in the trailer.

Right, my tarp has finally been modded to make it more usable ~ for both my own use and also as a communal space ... A stupid design having just six suspension points on a 5(ish) x 5(ish) meter oddly shaped tarp :dunno: :eek: . Pete, if you make it, can you still bring your chute as well?

And, just in case, I'm going to bump post #52. There is no compunction to make use of the site chapel, this is just to let folks know of its existence and availability.

Thinking on Remembrance there is an open air non denominational chapel on site which anyone is welcome to use. It's a place for quiet contemplation for folk to go to whilst on site ~ as with the forum there is no preaching of any single faith; just quiet, internal, reflection and/or contemplation.

The position of the Chapel is marked by the taper of the white not quite a balloon-ish shape.
Easiest access is via the top right corner of the Main Field.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Looking forward to this see you all Sat Morn ,

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looking forward to this see you all Sat Morn ,

See you when you land :D

A quick heads-up:

Having checked to see what their current price for Coleman fuel I noticed that GOOutdoors is currently running a 10% discount on all departments* (a further 10% off the discount card prices ~ there's the obvious small print ;) "Not to be used in conjunction with Price Guarantee, SALE, Clearance, WOW Deals, multibuys or any other offer."). There's a store down the road from the site ~ link to discount voucher. Offer runs until 11[SUP]th[/SUP] November.

* No connections to the company.

carbon

Mar 31, 2013
walsall
1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - TBC
7. Twodogs
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su
17 carbon

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - looks like a day visit from me on the Saturday now
7. Twodogs
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su
17 carbon

Due to work I will only be able to come down for a day visit but I will still try and bring the chute, if someone can look after for a bit

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Due to work I will only be able to come down for a day visit but I will still try and bring the chute, if someone can look after for a bit

Pity it's only for the day, but it'll be good to catch up :approve:

I've been keeping a careful watch on that which we know better to talk about (Hopefully Andy will step in and press the pause button so we don't get too twanged over the Meet ;) ). At this point I'm tempted to say don't worry about bringing the chute ;) ~ or perhaps bring it and we'll make a better judgement on the day?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Pity it's only for the day, but it'll be good to catch up :approve:

I've been keeping a careful watch on that which we know better to talk about (Hopefully Andy will step in and press the pause button so we don't get too twanged over the Meet ;) ). At this point I'm tempted to say don't worry about bringing the chute ;) ~ or perhaps bring it and we'll make a better judgement on the day?

Do you mean rain?

:evilangel:

1. decorum
4. Humpback
5. Dave Budd
6. TinkyPete - looks like a day visit from me on the Saturday now
7. Twodogs
12. Crowman - Fri-Sat
13. Midnitehound - Th-Su
17. carbon
18. MartinK9 - Fri - Sun

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The forecast is ...

This is Coventry ... so the forecast will likely change each and every hour :rofl:

And Tile Hill's weather is often a law upon itself ... we've had snow remain on site when the surrounding area's been washed back to normal ;)

It's very much a case of being prepared for any and all conditions :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE