Roger C Linger Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

rlinger

Wayne,

Yes indeed. I am settling into them. I have three I am finishing up this week and three more to start just as soon as the postman delivers my steel order and a tactical to start in a day or two. The last day of last month I turned full time knife maker. It is all that can pay the modest bills now. So, I hope to be busy. We'll see.

Roger

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to bcuk Roger, it's good to have you. Many thanks for commenting on this thread I'm sure that all misunderstandings are now thoroughly explained which is excellent.

I hope that you continue to visit. Another forum you might be interested in is British Blades

Have a good one and I'll see you about :biggthump

R

rlinger

Well thank you Tony, very much. I have developed a fondness for bushcraft knives now that Myakka introduced me to them The Scandi grind is unique compared to the hunting type knives I thought I would always make. Instead it may be that I will be making several bushcraft and larger tactical knives. It is opposite of what I ever thought I would be making. The various ideas that prospective customers come up with amazes me. The practicality of these type knives has been educational. For me to remember that all those trips to the Canadian bush I used to take only a pocket knife and all along I could have had a bushcraft. Sometimes we learn too late :) .

I enjoy periodically sending my customers a picture as their knife progresses. I hope that doing so helps lesson the pains of anxiousness Here is one that is destined for England pretty soon. As the picture shows, the oxidation from heat treating has not yet been ground off. The wood is book end exhibition grade desert ironwood.
ironwood.jpg

Roger (RL)

R

rlinger

A few days from becoming finished knives. Just prior to palm swelling and contouring the handle scales. Arizona desert ironwood and green canvas base micarta.

3bushcrafts.jpg

RL

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
rlinger said:
A few days from becoming finished knives. Just prior to palm swelling and contouring the handle scales. Arizona desert ironwood and green canvas base micarta.

RL

Nice knives Roger.

Whats your lead time at the minute. I have just received a letter from woodlore to say my July Alan Wood will not be here till Christmas. feeling somewhat irked now

R

rlinger

Thanks all.

Wayne, at the moment it looks like sometime in October, then off to sheath making.

RL

R

rlinger

You all are very kind to me with those nice comments. It always helps to be encouraged regardless of confidence level. Thanks all; Roger

I just finished this one up this evening and have two more to finish up within the next two days:

Pictures of the other side, tang taper and specifications can be viewed here: http://riflestocks.tripod.com/pics24.html

bushcraft5_1.jpg

The grind is about 1/3 Scandi but the way the knife is tilted to get better lighting it looks more narrow.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
BCUK is bad for my financial health. i have placed an order with Roger for the bushcrafter with desert iron wood scales. Delivery sometime mid november.

now i just need to hibernate to for a couple of months whilst my baby is created.

So thats 2 knives being made by Gene delivery Jan, my Woodlore sometime before Christmas and now Rogers. i shall have to drop the attitude at work and do some serious overtime.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:rolmao: I just bought a bison, and i want a BRKT Northstar, and also to replace mt WS micarta.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
So thats 2 knives being made by Gene delivery Jan, my Woodlore sometime before Christmas and now Rogers. i shall have to drop the attitude at work and do some serious overtime.[/QUOTE]

What about a north star Wayne?.........VAL :buttkick:
I can see a new year meetup with the southampton boys will involve lots of sharps! :sword:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE