Roger C Linger Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

rlinger

I'll put all my love and attention into making your knife Wayne. Looking forward to getting a few over there to our mother country.

RL

R

rlinger

and the other ironwood burl, just now finished and this one has nickel silver fittings:
bushcraft6_1.jpg

RL

T

Temper

Oh come on guys! I have never heard of the original designer of this knife. So, how would he be losing money if I bought one from Roger?

You can't think like this, how about Victorinox vs Wenger?, Tanto points? The list is endless.

Roger has said that this design wasn't anything he had planned to make. The customer came to him and asked him to make it, he did and it was well received. I would want a good cutting too, not a status symbol.

Roger offers the right knife (for me) at the right price and with an acceptable waiting time. This is just the way things are, if you feel so strongly about rip offs then I suggest you never buy anything made in Japan or China to start with.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi Temper and welcome. :wave:

I think the worries about Rogers coping Ray Mears design have been laid to rest much earlier in this thread. I have ordered a knife from Roger. he has been a pleasure to deal with and i am looking forward to receiving a quality knife fairly shortly.

The talk though was about intellectual property rights and not giving the correct recognition to the orginal designer. There are many Ray Mears inspired knives out there. Some good some not so good. Roger has given an acknowledgement to ray as the inspiration for this knife and is a result to customer design requirements.

R

rlinger

Wayne,

I expect to profile your blade this evening. Without unforeseen delay I hope to heat treat five or six this weekend, one being yours.

Temper, thanks for kindly speaking. I have rewritten the credit line on my website to more properly give true credit to Ron Medise for this design I make but that he was inspired by the Woodlore.

Well, while things are still warm :wink: here is the last of the three pictured here recently before they were finished:

bushcraft7_1.jpg

This one is the green canvas base micarta with nickel silver pinning. Thanks for looking.

RL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE