Return to the Dark Ages - Photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Michelle, that was a fantastic slide show. What was the music?
I really see what you mean now about clean lenses giving better results.

Can I ask you what you did to the B&W photos. They look like I used to get with Kodak TriX stock @ 400ASA.

You are an inspiration.

Eric

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I can't remember what the music is from, it's a random track titled '18' on my harddrive, I picked it up somewhere years ago :)

The black and whites are tinted a light sepia and the black and white numbers are an Agfa preset in Silver Efex Pro.
The grain was in camera, I was shooting at high ISO for indoor stuff and outdoor was set to 200 I think.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Great photos looks like a great weekend I said this on the other thread but i'll say it again i missed seeing the meet up thread and I've been after coming to one of these since the last one please please please can some one let me know if another one of these gets organised I'd love to have the excuse to make a costume and come and get involved

J*

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Folks

marginally OT but if anybody would like to see some shots of the staffordshire hoard on display in the British museum here they are here

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/nickgibson/British Museum/

there are loads of shots of the Sutton Hoo burial stuff here as well as random other saxon/viking artifacts that are on display

cheers
Nick

Thanks for sharing Nick, there's some good detail on those pics. Hopefully I'll get down to the BM to see the horde.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
anohter thanks from me i want to go and see the hoard but haveing a seven day old baby is some one resteicting the signing of gate passes

any idea how long its on for ? or is it to be a permenant exhibit like the sutton hoo artifacts?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Actually the exhibition was a little disappointing as there were less than a dozen items on show and none of the most spectacular bits like the sword hilts. bit the rest of that gallery is amazing including the Sutton Hoo stuff.
The rest of the hoard is apparantly subject to sale so god knows where they will end up.
Not sure how long the display will be on for.

Cheers Nick

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
In the new year the hoard (or select pieces) will be displayed at the potteries museum at Stoke-on-Trent. There are plans to bid for it so it can return to the midlands for permanent display (taken from memory of a BBC article).

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pictures all, thanks for sharing.

I do like the logs by the side of the building, with the water dripping from the thatched roof. Some great people pics too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE