Return to the Dark Ages.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It's such a shame you can't make it Toddy, I know the twins were looking forward to seeing you again, not to mention me and Bramble! never mind, we'll see each other at the bushmoot again no doubt!

Eric, it'll be nice to put the face to the name, hope you don't come down with some 'orrible sickness that stops you coming this time. ;)

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
Out of interest wear did you get the trim that is around the neck and cuff for the tunics that wayland is wearing and like the guy in the yellow tunic? i am interested in making a tunic too for my own uses:)
Also do you know of a pattern anywhere?
Steve

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The trim is Tablet woven, They call it Card woven on the other side of the pond.

A quick Google should get you an idea of how it's produced.

All mine is hand produced and traded for over drinks around hearth fires. (Probably as authentic as you can get. :D ) but I think there may be a few traders out there that can supply.

It's not essential but it's spot on if you can get it.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Sounds intriguing.
7440.gif

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
We were thinking of tanning a deer hide whilst there. we have allum and the skin. it wouldnt be traditional but it would give us something to do while the public are about.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Chaps

Driving up from kent on friday so ill be there quite late. Weyland do you want to PM me your mobile or let me know where I'll need to bed down if i get there really late??

Cheers
Nick

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK. Timing wise we will be arriving Friday night sometime around 7 - 7.30. I can't be there any sooner as I'm working in Southport all day.

We will be in the Grubenhouse as usual and I know that the large house (1st right on the track) and the first house on the left (the one that Nick was in last time) are both unavailable for us.

Anyone arriving before us will have to negotiate with whoever is there from the other group but there should be enough accommodation for all of us.

I'll post more details as I get them.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Me and the missus are planning on arriving around 9pm.

In addition to the dark age clothing are there any recommendations of kit to bring from peoples experiences last time?

Thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Warm bedding and something to hide it during the day :D
Candles are awfully useful, tealights would do.

Have fun, wish I was coming too :rolleyes:

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE