Return to the Dark Ages.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Danelaw_12.jpg

Sorry for the delay on this one but I've been trying to sort out a workable date for a while.

The weekend that we have available is the first weekend of the Half Term holiday, 24th & 25th of October. Debs, Skadi and myself will be there and we invite you to join us.

We will have to share the village with another group this time so I cannot promise which houses will be available but there should still be enough room if we do not have too many bodies. It will of course be a good opportunity to make new friends and swap skills.

You can find costume ideas and an idea of how things work on the original information thread here. Please read that thread as it will answer most of the frequently answered questions and save me going over it all again.

There are also lots of pictures here from the last time.

We need to do a little work on our house so there will be a chance to get your hands dirty too if you want.

Danelaw_1.jpg

I can't guarantee snow this time though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds good Gary, just before the trip to the re-enactor's market though. I'll confirm (if there's still space for us :rolleyes: ) by very early next week.

What period does the other group cover ?

Thanks for organising this again, even no' well, I had a great time.

cheers,
M

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Toddy
Singeblister
firecrest
Jim_aramis and Mrs Aramis
Bramble & Victoria, Elizabeth (Twiglets)
Cobweb

Cut add and paste to join the list.

It takes about 4 hours to get to York from here so would it be ok to come on the Friday afternoon /evening?

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I would like to come down for at least a day, both days being preferable, with the intention of helping out with repairs. Would this be possible wearing 'plastic clothes' and camping under nylon?
I'd rather dress for the occasion but personal life right now leaves me no spare time in which to source and tailor the required garb.
Mrs Paddler will be on the lookout for charity shop wool blankets and suchlike in the meantime, but what if I can't get into character?

Cheers.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I have a few spare tunics and the site may have some to spare too.

The usual problem is trousers and shoes so if you can sort something out there we can probably sort out the rest.

Plain looking boots will be OK rather than trainers and the trousers are simple patterns without pockets like track suit bottoms. Wool or linen is perfect, rough woven cotton will usually pass inspection too

Helping out in normal clothing isn't a problem for some jobs and we can probably find you a place to plastic camp or a building that you can use out of character.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Im really up for this - Mrs nick may have some crazy idea of going to Hampden court Palace but we'll discuss further

Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Toddy
Singeblister
firecrest
Cobweb
Nick

Cheers

Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:sigh: We can't manage this one, work gets in the way for both of us. Sorry Wayland, next time hopefully :)
atb,
Mary

Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Singeblister
firecrest
Cobweb
Nick

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Aye, quite fancy this. I'll dig out the kit I was making for the last one. See if I still fit in it.

Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Singeblister
firecrest
Cobweb
Nick
PJMcBear

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Cancel my last. I can't make it. :( I'm going to a wedding, and yes there will be firearms involved. :soapbox: Some people have no consideration. :censored: :censored:

At least I still get to dress up - it's theme is Blackadder the 3rd.

Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Singeblister
firecrest
Cobweb
Nick

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Well, what with Waylands kind offer of providing a tunic and a similar offer of a kit loan from Eric I reckon I'll be okay for the character scenes :)
Eric and I still have to decide on what day/s but a visit is looking imminent.

Debs, Skadi and Wayland.
Andywinkk
Singeblister
firecrest
Cobweb
Nick
Peterlee_Paddler & Eric Methven

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Excellent! No way am I missing this one. Last time I had flu really bad so this one is a must.
It's going to be a busy period for me as well. This event, going to see Mr Mears doing one of his evening talks on the 30th in Durham (surprise gift from my daughter), then I am off to Bulgaria in November for two weeks to teach leathercraft. Lovely!. (and I thought I was going to be bored in retirement).

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE