Response Pak show and tell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
spamel said:
Personally, I'm appalled at your choice in beer!

Shrug I dont have a fixed preference, I don't normally drink Millers, (theres a chemical aftertaste I don't particularly like) but at the price it was going at, it was hard,,neh impossible to resist, I'll try to live up to your expectations in the future :rolleyes: San Miquel or Grolsch are what I buy more often than not.

I must admit I like that store, its a bit of a pain that they are out of the things I want tho :( , apart from the clippers.

Regards

Stephen

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Gailainne said:
Shrug I dont have a fixed preference, I don't normally drink Millers, (theres a chemical aftertaste I don't particularly like) but at the price it was going at, it was hard,,neh impossible to resist, I'll try to live up to your expectations in the future :rolleyes: San Miquel or Grolsch are what I buy more often than not.

I must admit I like that store, its a bit of a pain that they are out of the things I want tho :( , apart from the clippers.

Regards

Stephen

From what I can gather, they have vastly extended their range over the last few months. I also notice the prices are creeping up aswell!! Good luck to them though, I still think some of the items are really well priced.

Congrats on your next post that will be number 200!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I bought a response bag a little while ago but the lack of shoulder strap irritated me, so I went back to using an old Swedish gas mask bag.
After seeing the mods on here though I might have a bash as changing this up a bit....

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I had a good look at the Response Pak last night, and was toying with the idea of added PLCE fittings to it, so that it could be attached to a PLCE belt as you would with a normal PLCE type pouch. Anyone know if its possible to buy the PLCE tab / velcro / popper fittings separately?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The steel oval 0.6 Ltr/pint Sigg bottles fits into the main compartment nicely.

Mind you those bottles are suprisingly easy to dent as I discovered while doing some impromptu pak contents juggling on Monday so I think I'll stick with my beloved Platypus (which squidges to fit and doesn't look like a car wreck after being dropped 2 feet onto concrete...)

ATB

Tom

Next, two cheap as chips diamond stones in fine grits. They cost me a couple of quid and do the job, can’t quite afford a DC4 unfortunately. Notice the little lanyards, I tie them all with the same knot as I like it, but cannot remember the name of it. The monocular has one as well, fitted to a home made lanyard swivel. The Opi actually makes the whole kit illegal without a good reason as it locks, but the load out proves outdoorsyness; I reckon my excuse will work!

Also the Scalpel blade the Crook Knife and the Trowel are technically Sharp n pointy and non Folding as well as the Opi. stupid i know but thats the Law suppose they could include the Pencil if its sharpened . you could leave teh pencil Blunt and teh reason for the Opi is to sharpen the pencil when needed :D

ATB

Duncan

Gailainne

Life Member
Hmm trowel, was'nt Toddy talking about an archaeologists (damn nearly 21:00 after a "few" San Miguels and I got that right first try :D ) trowel that was supposed to be the dogs danglies ?, search in order, thats something missing from my kit, and bio disposable paper, but thats another thread.

BTW whats with the legal, unlegal stuff on the sharps? its not in your pocket, its in a zipped up bag, there should be no questions asked. I know you look a bit :AR15firin but your not that bad Spam :lmao:

Edit I just got the crusader cup and cooker unit to fit my existing bottle and cup, very nice bit of kit, my redbull alcohol stove is too tall tho :( and the SS trianga burner is waaaay too big, a smaller burner I shall try at the weekend.

Anyway the point I was going to make was I may just (when I get the bag for it) loop the whole lot onto the response pacs belt, but those two useless loops at each end still need something done to them, and modifying them to take some kind of water bottle, keeping it outside the zipped areas seems to be sensible, dont know what you all think.

Slightly inebriated.

Stephen

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Also the Scalpel blade the Crook Knife and the Trowel are technically Sharp n pointy and non Folding as well as the Opi. stupid i know but thats the Law

Not really - technically the Opinel would be immediately illegal in the eyes of the law unless a good reason could be provided. The other items could only be illegal if there was sufficient evidence to prove you had cause to use them as an offensive weapon.

Not your eyes that are used and yes its unlikly But

from the Law thread on the forum

It is the Criminal Justice Act 1988 that most significantly affects the carrying of knives in the UK.

Simply put it is an offence under section 139 of the Act to carry an article with a blade or sharp point in a public place. A folding pocket knife is not included, so long as the cutting edge is under three inches. In practical terms it is best to take 'cutting edge' as meaning the whole blade, sharp or not. Until the court cases of Harris (1993) and Deegan (1998), a three inch blade locking folding knife was considered legal to carry.

so all do come under section 139 the only exeption is a non locking blade under 3"

oh and a Folding Saw is also needs a specific reason as ita a multi pointed blade

and in your bag is still your possesion in a public place so is in you car on a public road

to get finiky and stupid a sewing kit is also illegal as needles are pointy and are not a sub 3" folding blade............ remember incase i need it isnt a reason you would have to be proceeding to a ripped shirt :D (cos i need this 12" knife incase i need to cut string isnt either )

Duncan

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have 19 little clips from alpkit, nice one Stephen, good shout on that one. (I got 20, guess who's nicked one already!! She got me a ticket to see Mears though, so I'll forgive her!!)

Gailainne

Life Member
Yep I got mine the other day also, I just got 10 tho, serves you right btw your never gonna use 20(19) are you ? they are the exact the same as the od-itiles apart from a rather splendid red :D . When, where are you going to see R Mears ?

Stephen

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ray night is 29 October, I better take my books with me in case he is signing stuff, I reckon my brother won't mind me getting my Survival Handbook signed by him, it was very expensive as far as I know! The missus says I am near the front! COOOOOOOL!!! :D

I won't beputting all 19 on my response pak, some will be use on other kit and for keys and the like, but they are very nice aren't they!

Gailainne

Life Member
Nice one mate, enjoy.

I was actually thinking of all of your kit when I said you could'nt use all 19, I got 10 and still have 6 to find a use for :rolleyes: I also got their 5 quid led headtorch and 5 quid for 6 aluminium pegs, both very nicely engineered, I'm hoping they get some of their 40mm self inflating pads in before I head off to sweden, cause I aint taking the hammock, to much bulk, just my bivi set, which has a 25mm thermarest, and aint comfortable.

Stephen

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Make a quick log bed with a minimum browse covering, thermarest on top and you will be ultra comfy. It makes that much difference!

Oh, and pictures of the pegs please, the ones on the site are a bit arty farty and only show the top of them! Unless you got the ti ones?

Gailainne

Life Member
Ask, and yea shall recieve

CIMG0003-2.jpg

More than slightly inebriated

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE