Reporting back from dehydrated heaven!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wahboasti

Feb 6, 2012
Caister-on-sea, Norfolk
This forum is becoming an expensive place to lurk around. Just beore Xmas I got a Brazilian Tarp hat after seeing them on here (just superb, would recommend one), and now I've ordered one of these dehydrators! Can't wait to play with it!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Having fun experimenting with fruit leathers at the moment.
As the blurb I'd read indicated putting orange in the mix does indeed leave it tacky to the touch.
Apple, lemon and lime fruit leather doesn't quite have the face inverting gurneying sourness I was aiming for* :(

* This is a subject on which my own point of view is somewhat different to swmbo's :eek: :evilangel: :rofl:

Due to the amount of citrus I've found myself using I've also started candying the peel ~ on one occasion I've had all five tray full of candied peel :D (left on baking paper 12 hours / overnight and finished in the dehydrator). Candied peel is surprisingly popular :D .

This forum is becoming an expensive place to lurk around. >>><<< and now I've ordered one of these dehydrators! Can't wait to play with it!

One will not be enough :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The only abject failure I've had is whole raspberry ~ darned things refused to dry. Even having passed 24 hours they'd lost no real discernible amount of moisture. Perhaps pulped, strained and leathered is worth trying :dunno: ~ got to be worth a try though :D .

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I've been told off for buying too much. This offshore trip has seen quiet a few tools come to the house including a welder and associated gear and more recently a 2" bar of steel...... My poor postie.

I think I'll be beaten to death with it if a dehydrator arrives soon too. :(

Next month though :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE