Regular South Wales meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yep definitely be there I will take the ride with Alexanders steed see you at Newport mate
Hope you do make it Rich

weather what weather? it wont be snow it will be rain its South Wales
I am Scottish by the way so lets not forget the Rugby

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
A Jock eh?
I'll be at Cardiff a week Sunday whatching our boys give your boys a kicking (typo: Nearly published that as "licking").

We're playing Ireland this Sunday and it's 3pm kick off which is an inconvenient time for me. I've contacted the Welsh and Irish team but they won't move it to fit in with our camp out. Very rude!

May 21, 2006
bristol
I'm still up for coming how many of you are going? to be honest looking at the news it's going to be -10 in that area so i will be taking my tipi and a bag of coal for the fire inside and not a poncho. I travelled around Scotland in feb 2008 some spots around ratagan and Ullapool were -17 and if I never had the tipi I'd have frozen. Even tempted to take my camper. Oh and as for a cooking pot I got a Dutch oven if you want me to bring?

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I'm still up for coming how many of you are going? to be honest looking at the news it's going to be -10 in that area so i will be taking my tipi and a bag of coal for the fire inside and not a poncho. I travelled around Scotland in feb 2008 some spots around ratagan and Ullapool were -17 and if I never had the tipi I'd have frozen. Even tempted to take my camper. Oh and as for a cooking pot I got a Dutch oven if you want me to bring?
The forcasts I've checked tonight shows -1 at the coldest for this area. Met office show positive temp's for the entire weekend. We certainly don't want you to freeze to death, but we don't want you to asphyxiate either. I'm sure you know what your doing though. I'll bring enough wood to last out so there shouldn't be any fatalities!

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
I was Planning on being there tmrw afternoon, anyone else gonna be there? I havent been there before is it easy to find, ill just be plugging post code into satnav, will it get me there abouts? cheers Shane.

May 21, 2006
bristol
Ok just getting my stuff together at the mo I'll bring the car I've looked on google earth where abouts it is the road goes to a farm where there is a camp site how far in which direction is the wild camp? Is it visible from the road if not does anyone know the grid reference. ?
Thanks nick

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Im in the same boat Nick, not sure exactly where it is, what time you heading there. Im also trying to get my stuff sorted, while posting, so back and fo

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Thank god some people are going tommorrow, ill be there. Shane PM me your number, im taking the car if you want a lift? But im coming back Saturday because I dont have a sitter, unless I can find one before then :)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
When you are on the road to the farm you will eventually come to a left turn that goes sharply downhill,turn down there and at the bottom there is a car parking area on the left.Walk over the bridge and go through the gate on the right (watch your step) and you're in the site.
The farmer will find you for payment.

I may be able to make the Friday night:)

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Found this,

Mr Lewis, Blaen-nedd isaf, Ystradfellte, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan. Tel: 01639 721847.
OS Grid Ref. SN 911144. Facilities: W, BR (groups only)

Just noticed that the postcode isnt in there, but im sure I posted it on here somewhere.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Cant get there winston isit?

for anyone coming tommorrow, me and Into_the_wild (shane) will be leaving tommorrow at 13:00-ish.

See ya there :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE