Regular South Wales meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cool!
Now I have to take my camera gear too!

The stones for Stonehenge are rumoured to have come from either Carmarthenshire or Brecon Beacons too. I may bring one home with me
From Pembs actually - near where I live (actually nearer Winstonsmith..) about 3 hours drive west of BNI...
Maen Llia is on my drive in ... another is walking distance from the site:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Got a couple of bundles of ash.

How muddy is this place please? Is it tent over bivvi/poncho?

How many are on the list now too? ie, how much lamb do I bring? My only big pot is aluminium so not good for a fire (or cooking at all according to some) is anyone bringing one?

Cheers.
You beat me to it there!
The site is dry in places - wet in others :)

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I'll pack ground and tree options, but as I have NEVER had my but in a hammock before, I guess that will win the day (if only for the humour it's sure to provide).

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
There is hardly any wood around (apart from the trees) so firewood taken onto site would be a bonus. Rich brought a bag of coal the other week and that really helped so, if anyone has any coal, it may be an ide to bring that along as well. I'll be there with Jack and Alfie approx midday Saturday until the same time Sunday. It all depends if John beats me to death with the Rum again! It was'nt very muddy around the site itself the other week and, remembering the wet Winter we had should be a good thing. The river was quite full and, if anyone fancies Mole for dinner there are plenty of hills around. It's just trapping them!

May 21, 2006
bristol
Hi all thinking of coming along to the meet. I haven't been before so are we staying on the campsite at the farm or walking off to another location? I don't know if I should take my car or my camper 😁

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi all thinking of coming along to the meet. I haven't been before so are we staying on the campsite at the farm or walking off to another location? I don't know if I should take my car or my camper 
Not the main campsite and although you could get the camper onto the parking by the bridge by the cave by the "wild" camp we are on it is not the most level in the world....

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Whats the chances of it being 25 degrees C on Friday? Because ive seen cars coming down the Neath valley this morning with 3 inches of snow on the roof!!!!

May 21, 2006
bristol
ok ill take the car then if i wont be cheating and kipping in the camper, so what shall i bring ? (as ive not done a meet before) probably best to bring too much and leave in the car incase i need it.
how will i know where to go?
cheers nick

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
I may bring 2 whiting that I have left in the freezer. Im also thinking of buying a big trout/salmon to have a go at the Ray Mears style of cooking it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I hope you gents have seen the weather:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641843

John, parachute please.

Jaymz, it's going to be very cold and wet, it'll be best to keep it as simple as possible really. I'll do small scale catering for me to make life easier.
I will be bringing the chute ... but it is in the "for sale" bag I am afraid.... I can no longer justify owning it as I use it so little these days :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I hope you gents have seen the weather:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641843

John, parachute please.

Jaymz, it's going to be very cold and wet, it'll be best to keep it as simple as possible really. I'll do small scale catering for me to make life easier.

-2 and maybe sleet...lovely, bit of moisture in the air for you lot. I hope you all have a great trip. I'll be away with Nigel and Luke on the 24th to Sennybridge for four days; sorry to say I need the 'parayurt' and coal burner these days due to chest problems.

Plenty of pictures lads.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE