Regular South Wales meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Me too. I got the Solo too as the price on Amazon was so good. Thought it would come in handy for a mate who wanted to come along.
I've just bought a little toy too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290661975591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 which i collect tomorrow. Time to go splashing on the Wye!
I bought the Coleman Aviorx3. The x2 looked too small for me and some kit so thought I would supersize it (in a small way).
It's taken the weight from 2.1kg to 3kg but what the hell.

Can't wait till next week too. Should be a blast. There's will be plenty of entertainment just watching me pitch my hammock/tent/whatever!

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive never even seen a hammock in real life mate nevermind try and set one up. Id give in and it would be wrapped around me on the floor. Nice little canoe thing there, Ive always fancied a blast at a good canoing session. Ill have to call in the next time I go to the NDAC Chepstow

Mancalleddave

Jul 4, 2011
Bridgend, Glamorgan
hey, i tried to get cover in work but ive run out of options. I gotta work double shifts over the weekend. Im gutted.

Ill come to the next one definetly. I was looking forward to meeting everyone :(

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Dont think ill get a chance to get fire wood, unless I can find some on the way, is there going to be enough to goaround if theres so many coming. I am trying to be there all wkend as well, I have a van so if we need to go get more we can. who is there all wkend, what time is everyone planning on meetin up?

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Dont think ill get a chance to get fire wood, unless I can find some on the way, is there going to be enough to goaround if theres so many coming. I am trying to be there all wkend as well, I have a van so if we need to go get more we can. who is there all wkend, what time is everyone planning on meetin up?

We should try and get an updated list of who's still coming and how long they're there for.
From the original list I think there are 14 coming.

I'll be arriving on Saturday morning and staying until Sunday afternoon/evening.

As for firewood, I think we will be fine. I'll fill my boot up (estate car) and that should last for a bit depending on how many fires we end up having.
If we're struggling by Sunday morning (and peeps are staying over Sunday night) then we will just have to go-a-hunting to re-stock.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hey Bucephalas you got a great deal on that Sevylor well done !
I am definitely coming now Happy to chip in for wood or food I could do to know if someone is selling meat so I know what I dont need to carry as however I get there I will be walking some distance

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ill be there friday mid-day (work depending) and hopefully staying untill sunday mid-day (childcare depending as I dont have a sitter for the Saturday night yet)

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Sadly im unable to attend the full weekend however , weather prevailing ill take a spin out on the Saturday and call in around lunch time and blag a brew from JF
ATB Roly

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Sorry I meant some as in a variable amount not some as in a large amount Its not a problem I walk and cycle everywhere as I don't drive at all

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I will certainly help you with the wood There are some interesting looking places in the locality I may wander off to in daylight; at night I may mooch around the fire a bit you never know:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I will certainly help you with the wood There are some interesting looking places in the locality I may wander off to in daylight; at night I may mooch around the fire a bit you never know:)
If the river has disapeared into its bed a stroll downstream is fascinating.
Interesting ancient remains to the North :)

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
the waterfalls are amazing, fished, camped and jumped off the lot of em as a kid. Lots of interesting stuff in Ystradfelte. Theres a huge standing rock in the middle of a field on its own, about 10 ft high, and its said that king Arthur was riding across ystradfelte when a stone was bothering him in his boot. He picked it out, tossed it over his shoulder and it started growing. Load of crap...but it was interesting when the school took us there at about 7 years old.

Last edited:

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Found a picture on google. The website that this picture was off says that the stone has latin inscribed on it. Also the stone is called Maen Llia, lots of other pics here.

28157241.dscf0021_1.jpg

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Cool!
Now I have to take my camera gear too!

The stones for Stonehenge are rumoured to have come from either Carmarthenshire or Brecon Beacons too. I may bring one home with me

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Dare I ask if anyone has sorted out the firewood? :)

Got a couple of bundles of ash.

How muddy is this place please? Is it tent over bivvi/poncho?

How many are on the list now too? ie, how much lamb do I bring? My only big pot is aluminium so not good for a fire (or cooking at all according to some) is anyone bringing one?

Cheers.

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Cool!
Now I have to take my camera gear too!

The stones for Stonehenge are rumoured to have come from either Carmarthenshire or Brecon Beacons too. I may bring one home with me

The Bluestones have been proven to have come from Carn Meini in the Preceli Hills. There's lots of interesting bumf about a 13,12,5 pythagorean triangle connecting the site with Stonehenge but it is just that- bumf, the actual triangle lands a few miles away on a flat map but the Earth aint flat either; I've lost entire weekends on this stuff before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE